Charles Lollar Files to run for Governor!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    for me they're nearly equal...

I've had an opportunity to speak to all but Hogan at length, and at this point, those two are my personal "frontrunners"

But for electability, right now, I'd have to say Craig

Last edited:

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Hogan has the advantage in name recognition, network, social media, and in the WaPo / Bsun polls. Pretty sure at this point he has more money than Craig too.

I liked Lollar at the beginning but he's made way too many rookie mistakes to win a gubernatorial election.

Craig is an ok choice, but I think his proposal to eliminate the income tax is too far out there for a Maryland general election. It'll appeal to primary voters, but it'll scare the dickens out of centrists in a general election.

Also, the GOP now has (at least one) republican candidate for Attorney General:

http://www.quintonreport.com/2014/02/24/breaking-news-md-gop-has-a-candidate-for-attorney-general/

Don't know much about him. I have been following the poop fight over Peroutka between RedMaryland and the rest of the GOP.

I have low expectations in MD. Frosh, Cardin, Brown, and Gansler need to be unemployed in 2015. My criteria is: has pulse, decent chance to win the general election. Anything else is a nice to have.

ToneGrail

MSI, NRA, & SAF Member
    Dec 18, 2008
    Towson, People's Republik of MD
    Hogan has the advantage in name recognition, network, social media, and in the WaPo / Bsun polls. Pretty sure at this point he has more money than Craig too.

I liked Lollar at the beginning but he's made way too many rookie mistakes to win a gubernatorial election.

Craig is an ok choice, but I think his proposal to eliminate the income tax is too far out there for a Maryland general election. It'll appeal to primary voters, but it'll scare the dickens out of centrists in a general election.

Also, the GOP now has (at least one) republican candidate for Attorney General:

http://www.quintonreport.com/2014/02/24/breaking-news-md-gop-has-a-candidate-for-attorney-general/

Don't know much about him. I have been following the poop fight over Peroutka between RedMaryland and the rest of the GOP.

I have low expectations in MD. Frosh, Cardin, Brown, and Gansler need to be unemployed in 2015. My criteria is: has pulse, decent chance to win the general election. Anything else is a nice to have.

Lollar has the advantage of being...black, especially if running against a white candidate.

Ganegrei

Comblock Convert
    Jun 23, 2011
    Somewhere in BoCo
    I have met Charles Lollar several times and a friend works on his campaign. He is a black conservative and stands no chance of winning the poor urban vote. If he had run as a democrat (think DINO) then he would have stood a much better chance.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I have met Charles Lollar several times and a friend works on his campaign. He is a black conservative and stands no chance of winning the poor urban vote. If he had run as a democrat (think DINO) then he would have stood a much better chance.

Sadly, I think that's exactly what's needed in this state. A DINO that says all the right things to the right people, then rules as a conservative. People will love them, then after reelection they can switch parties and say they've been working as a Conservative all along.

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    If Brown gets the nomination, there is no beating him in November.

If somehow Gansler takes it, Lollar, by virtue of his race, could garner enough votes within the black community to squeeze out a tight win. I don't see any white candidate beating Gansler in this deep blue bastion of leftism.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom