• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    Well just as you thought Hawaii could not get any worst Governor Ig signs this.

HAWAI‘I BECOMES FIRST STATE IN NATION TO ENROLL FIREARMS OWNERS IN CENTRALIZED INFORMATION SYSTEM

News Release from Office of the Governor June 23, 2016

HONOLULU – Gov. David Ige signed SB 2954 (ACT 108) which authorizes county police departments in Hawai‘i to enroll firearms applicants and individuals registering their firearms, in a criminal record monitoring service.

The system, also known as the “Rap Back” system, is a service of the Federal Bureau of Investigation that provides continuous criminal record monitoring for authorized government agencies such as law enforcement agencies. The service notifies the agencies when a firearm owner is arrested for a criminal offense anywhere in the country. This will allow county police departments in Hawai‘i to evaluate whether the firearm owner may continue to legally possess and own firearms. The law also authorizes the Hawai‘i Criminal Justice Data Center to access firearm registration data.

“This is about our community’s safety and responsible gun ownership. This system will better enable our law enforcement agencies to ensure the security of all Hawai‘i residents and visitors to our islands. This bill has undergone a rigorous legal review process by our Attorney General’s office and we have determined that it is our responsibility to approve this measure for the sake of our children and families,” said Gov. David Ige.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Sounds like a .gov database of firearms owners to me. I'm sure the Kenyan DOJ will nip this in the bud.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Can we trade Hawaii for Cuba?

We would still have fifty states and those idiots in Hawaii can have their 0 back. I'd say that's a great trade.

The new Hawaii law is unconstitutional.

Persons who are simply exercising their COTUS rights and not breaking any laws... should NEVER be placed on any registry for investigation by any Federal entity for doing so.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Can we trade Hawaii for Cuba?
    We would still have fifty states and those idiots in Hawaii can have their 0 back. I'd say that's a great trade.

We'd get all those classic cars (even tho' most've been mucked-up with aftermarket contraptions) and they'd get more affirmative action. Win-win.

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    This is going to spread and spread quick. If Hawaii gets away with this CA will adopt it.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Do they also plan to report to the federal gov't whether you last voted Democrat or Republican? Maybe they should also keep a list of who's had abortions. Perhaps they can record religious preferences and what church/temple/mosque people attend as attendance in some venues creates public safety concerns that should outweigh any expectation of privacy, and besides, it wouldn't be interfering with people's ability to worship.

Will they also establish sanctuary cities for those who want to exercise their rights (not conceal their illegal immigration status) in privacy from the government?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Do they also plan to report to the federal gov't whether you last voted Democrat or Republican? Maybe they should also keep a list of who's had abortions. Perhaps they can record religious preferences and what church/temple/mosque people attend as attendance in some venues creates public safety concerns that should outweigh any expectation of privacy, and besides, it wouldn't be interfering with people's ability to worship.

Will they also establish sanctuary cities for those who want to exercise their rights (not conceal their illegal immigration status) in privacy from the government?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

You think they don't already?

Southwest Chuck

A Calguns Interloper.. ;)
    Jul 21, 2011
    CA
    Interesting way to subvert Fed law. Feds can't keep gun ownership records but states can, and sharing with Feds is OK.

Only a matter of time before Annapolis decides this is "common sense".

WRONG !

See 18 U.S.C. 926, which became law pursuant to the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986. It prohibits federal governments and STATES from maintaining such registries as Hawaii's.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/926

No such rule or regulation prescribed after the date of the enactment of the Firearms Owners’ Protection Act may require that records required to be maintained under this chapter or any portion of the contents of such records, be recordedat or transferred to a facility owned, managed, or controlled by the United States or any State or any political subdivision thereof, nor that any system of registration of firearms, firearms owners, or firearms transactions or dispositions be established. Nothing in this section expands or restricts the Secretary’s [1] authority to inquire into the disposition of any firearm in the course of a criminal investigation.”

From the wording, this “List” is all ready prohibited by law and should be a slam dunk to get it enjoined before it goes into effect. Am I wrong or missing something here ....... ?

Wolfwood?
    Esq?

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    WRONG !

See 18 U.S.C. 926, which became law pursuant to the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986. It prohibits federal governments and STATES from maintaining such registries as Hawaii's.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/926

No such rule or regulation prescribed after the date of the enactment of the Firearms Owners’ Protection Act may require that records required to be maintained under this chapter or any portion of the contents of such records, be recordedat or transferred to a facility owned, managed, or controlled by the United States or any State or any political subdivision thereof, nor that any system of registration of firearms, firearms owners, or firearms transactions or dispositions be established. Nothing in this section expands or restricts the Secretary’s [1] authority to inquire into the disposition of any firearm in the course of a criminal investigation.”

From the wording, this “List” is all ready prohibited by law and should be a slam dunk to get it enjoined before it goes into effect. Am I wrong or missing something here ....... ?

Wolfwood?
    Esq?

Why let a few pesky words get in the way of Feel Good Law?

Besides, it'll be all fine when the Chinese show up on the beaches - the PLA will administer the list for them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom