• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lionfour

Aug 5, 2007
    Brooklyn, Maryland
    Yeah I know it is a ugh....HI-POINT .40 caliber.
    Not all of us can shell out $600 or
    more for guns that jam more and are
    no more accurate :lol2:
    Yes I am just having fun and
    YES I am ducking!

Attachments

• 40_100dollar.jpg
      40_100dollar.jpg
      76.7 KB · Views: 802

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    I have owned two. I have owned the .45 and the .40. The .45 went back to Hi Point for a repair and it came back in less than a week with a new trigger. The guy who worked on it provided his cell number so I could call him to let him know how it performed after the fix.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I have a C9 and a .45 HiPoint. They aren't as nice as my CZs, but they go bang every time. I like the C9, love the 45. I got mine due to the low price initially, and had the idea to sell them eventually, but decided they were worth keeping.

Rick3bears

Grumpy Old Coot
    Jul 28, 2012
    Somewhere, MD
    They're big. They're bulky. They're ugly. They're waaaay too heavy to CC. BUT I have two for home defense. The one thing my HiPoints do is go BANG, when I pull the trigger. Every once in a while I take them for an outing at Myrtle Grove and abuse the hell out of them, firing the worst ammo I can find. And STILL they refuse to jam, misfire, fail to feed or malfunction in any way. Dang the luck!

Last edited:

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    They're big. They're bulky. They're ugly. They're waaaay too heavy to CC. BUT I have two for home defense. The one thing my HiPoints do is go BANG, when I pull the trigger. Every once in a while I take them for an outing at Myrtle Grove and abuse the hell out of them, firing the worst ammo I can find. And STILL they refuse to jam, misfire, fail to feed or malfunction in any way. Dang the luck!

I have two Hi-Point pistols and one carbine, and you are absolutely right. They are reliable utilitarian firearms. If a person only has $500 to get a home defense firearm, the Hi-Point price allows that person to buy ammo, range time, and a shooting lesson. A person is better off with a clunky, reliable firearm that is affordable enough to practice with, than going for a year or more with nothing for defense while saving up for something out of range on price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pappa

Dec 9, 2015
    I have two Hi-Point pistols and one carbine, and you are absolutely right. They are reliable utilitarian firearms. If a person only has $500 to get a home defense firearm, the Hi-Point price allows that person to buy ammo, range time, and a shooting lesson. A person is better off with a clunky, reliable firearm that is affordable enough to practice with, than going for a year or more with nothing for defense while saving up for something out of range on price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Understand there is a 20rd mag being made for the 9mm pistol. I'm leaning toward the 9 because of CHEAP ammo - and quick 2nd shot recovery time - but I loved my .45 1911 (was stolen) and am starting to remember great shooting. I even special ordered higher velocity 185 (or was it 165 ?) Norma ammo through Southern Ammo in Miami. This was 50yrs ago. I think the heavy HP will give quicker 2nd shots in.45. Is it SA or SA/DA (Real double action - trigger action only. As in Glocks ARE NOT. Nothing is if you have to manual the slide. Oh yeh, that's SA, isn't it, as when you chamber the first round.) But for low price of HPs, might forego DA. So, any higher cap mags available in .45?. You see which caliber I'm headed towards. Any info appreciated. I did look on HP site but must have missed what I was looking for. I plan to shoot Russian steel cased ammo. Thanks. Pat

Sirex