• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeSwift

Appleseed SI/State Coord
    Apr 15, 2008
    The Mission continues! We've STILL got a country to save..Maybe even more so.. A Nation of Rifleman is our goal... We need YOU to make it happen... Sign up links are NOW HOT for the first Maryland Appleseeds of 2016! Check back frequently, as more shoots WILL be added!

Who: You AND a spouse, child and or friend
    What: Project Appleseed
    When: Classes this year likely at AAFG Annapolis, Berwyn in Bowie, AGC in Marriottsville, Sanner's Lake in Lexington Park, St Charles in Waldorf, NRA in NoVA, IWLA in Leetown WV, DSC in Sudlersville, with more ranges being added.

Class signup link is hot for online sign up: http://www.appleseedinfo.org/search-states-display.php?qstate=MD&statename=Maryland

Want up to the minute Maryland Appleseed updates? LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Proje...64406060313831

Some events will be 22LR ONLY!!! Other ranges allow centerfire, so read the details of the class carefully when signing up!
    Classes sizes will be determined by the facility. These classes sell out quickly, so sign up NOW to assure your spot on the line!

FEE STRUCTURE FOR 2016
    Adult Men & Women = $60 , Youth under 18 = $20
    Active Military, Reserve & Guard = FREE, Peace Officer = FREE, Reenactors in Period Dress = FREE, Elected Official = FREE
    Sign-up MUST be done online.
    Everybody including the "free" shooters listed above, MUST sign up online.

See the links for the REST of the important details...

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/
    Check out this site to learn more, what to bring, recommended equipment.
    Also check the forums linked there, including info on how to set up a Liberty Training Rifle. :

Whats New and Important Notes for 2016

April 19th Events. Appleseed Christmas in April.. This year April 19th weekend, falls on a 4/16-4/17 . This year there will be 14,000 people Nationwide attending these special events! Join us for these Extra special events, with unique T-shirts, Special history lessons, and stuff that you won't want to miss! If you are going to come to any event, THESE are the ones you want to be at!

FULL DISTANCE Events! Only open to previous Appleseed attendees and Riflemen, putting those skills to the test out to 200, 300, and 500 yards! At least one tentatively scheduled, with more likely to come!

Maryland Specific Appleseed Patches: you have the opportunity to earn the MD Front Site patch..Maryland Distinguished Patch (a very cool design if I say so myself), Known Distance (KD) qualified rocker, and Maryland rocker. These are only able to be earned in Maryland AND are you are going to have to be on top of your game to earn these puppies. You WILL want these to join your Rifleman patch...There are very few distinguished patches earned..only the best of the best have earned em.. Are YOU up for the challenge?

Think you can get a group of 10 or more shooters together for two or
    even ONE day of shooting? PM me with 6-8 weeks notice, and odds are
    in your favor that you may be able to set up YOUR OWN private Appleseed!
    This is a great option for you scout troop leaders, home schoolers, 4-H, work or civic groups or associations, etc., etc.,
    to learn to shoot, hear the story, and keep the tradition alive...
    Let me know your groups needs, and we WILL make it work for you.. THIS OFFER STILL STANDS for 2016!

For those unfamiliar with the program, here's a link to the previous years Appleseed threads, chock full of advice, info, FAQ's and their answers..http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=69417 and
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=33762 and http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=46294
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=98251
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=141050
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=166482

Finally, THANK YOU MD Shooters and Congratulations to all attendees, volunteer instructors, Rifleman, and Cooks who are still working towards earning that patch, who helped make 2015 Appleseed in Maryland an amazing success! New ranges were added, and new sparks of Liberty were ignited inside Riflemen across the Old Line state..

Special Thanks to Anne Arundel Fish & Game Assc (AAFG), Sanner's Lake, AGC , Berwyn, St Charles, Delmarva Sportmans, Leetown IWVA, NRA HQ Range and Ft Meade for hosting us during 2015. I hope other gun clubs in Maryland will join them in inviting us aboard in 2016.

Remember..we are non-profit, all volunteer Nationwide program.. we can always use ANY help we can get! Why not step up to do your part to help save our Nation? The ships sinking folks, we need to stop being iceberg spotters and start bailing the ship now!

BeSwift

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Will return (yet again) this year with the daughter and hopefully wife. Great program, great people, learn something new every time.

Thanks for all your hard work, Brian and others contributing to the cause.

chairyland

Jul 7, 2014
    Howard County
    I would love to try an Appleseed with my 5.56 AR (even for just a half day...), but I'm worried about making the other shooters on the line uncomfortable with the noise and concussion, even after taking off the comp and replacing it with a birdcage.

Thoughts?

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I would love to try an Appleseed with my 5.56 AR (even for just a half day...), but I'm worried about making the other shooters on the line uncomfortable with the noise and concussion, even after taking off the comp and replacing it with a birdcage.

Thoughts?
    At the Appleseeds at the AGC, the centerfire shooters are usually grouped together and I think it has worked well.

BeSwift

Appleseed SI/State Coord
    Apr 15, 2008
    At the Appleseeds at the AGC, the centerfire shooters are usually grouped together and I think it has worked well.

Absolutely! Bring it on and we'll put you on the end of the firing line.... Just don't be one of those guys with the muzzle breaks on their AR that blasts out their neighbors! (Kidding... kinda...).... See you on the line! BeSwift

fogman

Thoughts?

At the AGC Appleseed in December, center-fire was grouped on the far right, M1 Garand and 2 Ar's. A friends son and my son were directly to my left. Firing my Garand, neither had any issues with the noise.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Okay been wanting to do this but don't have a .22 without a scope or redot. I can shoot irons fine, but really don't want to drop the optics to do a iron site shoot and loose my zeros. Can I still participate or should I just pass?

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Okay been wanting to do this but don't have a .22 without a scope or redot. I can shoot irons fine, but really don't want to drop the optics to do a iron site shoot and loose my zeros. Can I still participate or should I just pass?

You can use the scope or They sometimes have loaner rifles available, but I'd check with BESWIFT ahead of time to arrange it.

BeSwift

Appleseed SI/State Coord
    Apr 15, 2008
    You can use the scope or They sometimes have loaner rifles available, but I'd check with BESWIFT ahead of time to arrange it.

Bring what you've got.. if you decide you it doesn't work for you, we normally have loaner rifles available to switch to.. Don't get hung up on gear... it's about the skill set. See you on the line! B

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Bring what you've got.. if you decide you it doesn't work for you, we normally have loaner rifles available to switch to.. Don't get hung up on gear... it's about the skill set. See you on the line! B

This is good. I debated the iron sight option because I want to do Appleseed with my son. I ended up ordering a Savage FV-SR for the threaded barrel. Son has a 10/22 with irons though.

We will see you on the line at AAFG at some point this year.

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    I'd like to get the wife out to another one.
    Just my opinion but anyone with a wife that wants to really learn should go to one of these. I learned (the hard way) that spouses aren't always the best instructors. There's a lot less baggage when a stranger is doing the teaching. Not to mention the Appleseed instructors are just good at what they do.

MikeCee

May 8, 2013
    Son has a 10/22 with irons though.

If they are factory iron sights, make sure they are the "click" adjustable type. The sights sometimes require incremental adjustments and it's hard to do with factory sights that don't allow for windage adjustments.

Don't let that hang you up, though. With some forewarning, the instructors can get you a loaner to get you through the weekend.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Absolutely! Bring it on and we'll put you on the end of the firing line.... Just don't be one of those guys with the muzzle breaks on their AR that blasts out their neighbors! (Kidding... kinda...).... See you on the line! BeSwift

Curious, the bit I have read in their website they recommend a rimfire with a possible backup. I am interested in doing one this year and don't have a .223. I should have a .308 though (depends on plans this weekend). I also certainly have a 22lr. What about mixed shooting? I really don't care to layout the money for 250-500rnds of .308 and frankly the thought of putting that much through a hunting weight rifle makes me tremble at the shoulder bruising. So if a typical weekend is 500rnds, 400 22lr and mix in the 308 a bit?

I certainly don't mind sitting with the big boys, I mean centerfire users even when shooting 22lr. Seems like every time I've gone to the range except once I've gotten stuck next to some jer...wonderful individual with a brake on.

My favorite was a guy with a .338 lapua with a muzzle brake on. After the first couple of rounds me and the guy on the other side of him stepped back from the bench whenever he wasn't loading even with in ears and over ears on...

BeSwift

Appleseed SI/State Coord
    Apr 15, 2008
    Mid Week Appleseed! Wed Mar 30th, Bowie MD

For those of you stuck working weekends, we've heard ya.. so we're offering a 1 day Appleseed in Bowie, Wed Mar 30th... If the line sells out, we'll look to offer more weekday events in the future.. If you'd like to see this happen, let's fill that line! MD needs MORE Riflemen!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: See you there! BeSwift

https://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-location.php?locationid=544

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom