• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Just banned OC in all stores.

For those of you who have never been, Whataburger is a mostly deep south chain of big burger fast food. By big I mean huge, and also good, and cheap. I'm not a big fan of open carry as opposed to concealed but I certainly don't think it should be banned either.

I think having eaten at enough of their places before I swore off red meat last year, and knowing what their customer demographics seem to be like, they're not going to like the effect they see on their business one little bit.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...d-against-texas-new-open-carry-law/ar-AAcT5lr

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Whether you are for or against open carry is a moot point here, I agree.

I said here and on another forum, there is a "discreet" way to open carry. I was out all day today, open carrying a revolver.

Had breakfast at IHOP, did my grocery shopping, went to Target, and took my daughter out for a while.

Not one single crap was given.

I would hope they are doing it to dissuade the yahoos that come into a restaurant with a "evil black rifle" and trying to goad the police into confronting them. Unfortunately, by banning OC, they are turning away business from folks like myself who are less about making a statement and more about defending themselves until they can get their concealed carry permit.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    He buried the lead here folks. He deliberately posted the fact that he stopped eating red meat along with this inflammatory topic thinking you'd over look it.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    He buried the lead here folks. He deliberately posted the fact that he stopped eating red meat along with this inflammatory topic thinking you'd over look it.

I went back and re-read the original post. He gave up red meat?

What is this f*ckery? That's.....that's just not right. Red meat? Really?

I'm stunned. Who does this kinda thing?

I'll bet he thinks he's getting healthier, too.

Jeeze Louise.....what is this country coming to?

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon

I always mention it whenever I discuss burgers. I consider it a public service to my fellow members.:) Red meat is very bad juju IMHO. But I did really want to talk about Whataburger.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    I always mention it whenever I discuss burgers. I consider it a public service to my fellow members.:) Red meat is very bad juju IMHO. But I did really want to talk about Whataburger.

I don't eat much red meat anymore. When we have a recipe that asks for ground beef, we use chicken or turkey.

I don't think Whataburger appeals to me, really. At my age, I really need to eat better.

I went back and re-read the original post. He gave up red meat?

What is this f*ckery? That's.....that's just not right. Red meat? Really?

I'm stunned. Who does this kinda thing?

I'll bet he thinks he's getting healthier, too.

Jeeze Louise.....what is this country coming to?
    +1. Then I read the below and now I'm confused,dammit cross gender shotgun/revolver Joe,make up your mind.:D

I don't eat much red meat anymore. When we have a recipe that asks for ground beef, we use chicken or turkey.

I don't think Whataburger appeals to me, really. At my age, I really need to eat better.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    +1. Then I read the below and now I'm confused,dammit cross gender shotgun/revolver Joe,make up your mind.:D

One is a comedic dialogue. One is a recipe for avoiding the heart trouble I was running into a few years ago.

That said, I carried a 4 inch barreled .44 Magnum to breakfast at IHOP this morning.

Bacon was had. All is right again.

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    Whether you are for or against open carry is a moot point here, I agree.

I said here and on another forum, there is a "discreet" way to open carry. I was out all day today, open carrying a revolver.

Had breakfast at IHOP, did my grocery shopping, went to Target, and took my daughter out for a while.

Not one single crap was given.

I would hope they are doing it to dissuade the yahoos that come into a restaurant with a "evil black rifle" and trying to goad the police into confronting them. Unfortunately, by banning OC, they are turning away business from folks like myself who are less about making a statement and more about defending themselves until they can get their concealed carry permit.

I absolutely agree. Personally, I think it is much better to discretely conceal carry a weapon. I really don't want anyone to know I'm carrying. It draws too much attention to 'ME'. Not a good thing. Keep them guessing!! 'Surprise' is a tactical advantage. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Even though I CC when possible, can't say I'd be interested in lining their coffers willingly.

CC isn't available to everyone, sometimes OC is the only available option for being able to carry in public.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Red meat is bad for you? I understood it to be part of a well balanced diet in moderation.

As far as O.C., I don't like it so this does not allow me to care. Their store, their rules.

I also think stores should be able to ban any sex, race, religion, attire, language, color, or orientation.

One is a comedic dialogue. One is a recipe for avoiding the heart trouble I was running into a few years ago.

That said, I carried a 4 inch barreled .44 Magnum to breakfast at IHOP this morning.

Bacon was had. All is right again.
    :thumbsup:

News to me. I won't eat 'em unless they're BLACK. :D

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
      maxresdefault.jpg
      45.6 KB · Views: 877

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    i never associated whattaburger with cheap when i was in texas. That would be like saying fuddruckers, hardees, or 5 guys has cheap burgers. They may have good burgers, and are cheaper than, say, Outback or ruby tuesdays, but they are not cheap at around 7-9 dollars a burger. Checkers has good, cheap burgers at around 2.50 for the special, whether it's a roadhouse burger or a Big Buford.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    I can't blame them for banning OC. Too many yahoos going around scaring people for the hell of it. Even in the old west, it would probably spark attention if you carried a lever or pump action at the ready wherever you went about town. In KY, I could drive around with my Uzi on the front seat, locked and cocked if I wanted. But oddly enough, I never felt the need. But in MD, I carried concealed everyday for 2 years. Feel naked without it now.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I strongly doubt there will be any detriment to top line revenue due to banning open carry. The antis could be just as giddy and proclaim it will increase revenue, which I doubt would be true either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom