• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Clandestine, I respect you, and what you had to do to be an IP. I do intend to take your AR class next year when offered.

The OP makes no money off this product, he just tested it. He thought it would benefit some Glock owners based upon his experience with testing it.

The guy who made this product recused himself from the conversation as soon as that possibility of him making anything from this thread was raised. He was just here to clarify some of the issues with his product.

I appreciate that. I really do.

I don't have an opinion of the product as I have not installed or worked on one. IMO, it would be wrong to make any commentary about the quality or function since I have no time with one.

The thread and ones by different members have just made me cranky. Maybe I need a snickers. One even P.M.ed me a few days ago asking me to stop "blasting" him after he posted some really bad smith work.

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    No offense it's an answer to a question that doesn't exist.

Anyone who reholsters quickly, fast, or in a tactictal manner is an idiot. You have a specified amount of time to get the gun out......if your first......you should have a lifetime to put it back In.

I agree. How would a device that allowed you to control the firing pin when you reholster when you need it to negatively effect you? Could it possibly prevent a unintended discharge?

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    I appreciate that. I really do.

I don't have an opinion of the product as I have not installed or worked on one. IMO, it t would be wrong to make any commentary about the quality or function since I have no time with one.

The thread and ones by different members have just made me cranky. Maybe I need a snickers. One even P.M.ed me a few days ago asking me to stop "blasting" him after he posted some really bad smith work.

IMO you have a right to be cranky, you are Clandestine After all! :lol2:

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I agree. How would a device that allowed you to control the firing pin when you reholster when you need it to negatively effect you? Could it possibly prevent a unintended discharge?

Personally I'll think of it as wearing a life while driving in that off chance I swerve into the anacostia.

How would a life negatively effect me while driving?

I get/understand what your saying and if you want one by all means bro it's your hard earned money not mine......enjoy. I just think it's a level of redundancy that isn't necessary.....and that's coming from a guy who points a G at his D with no holster EVERYDAY :lol2:

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    Personally I'll think of it as wearing a life while driving in that off chance I swerve into the anacostia.

How would a life negatively effect me while driving?

I get/understand what your saying and if you want one by all means bro it's your hard earned money not mine......enjoy. I just think it's a level of redundancy that isn't necessary.....and that's coming from a guy who points a G at his D with no holster EVERYDAY :lol2:

Thank you, your opinion is awesome, and I completely agree! I have no problem with redundancy when it comes to my junk! :lol2: If I buy a glock to carry IWB, I will buy one. As it stands... Many others find value in this product.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    And what are you going to do with the $55.00 that you won't be spending to placate some inventor who believes they have a product that MUST be installed on ALL Glock pistols to make them idiot proof? :sad20:

I'm going to use my extra $55.00 to buy bourbon and try to forget this thread that, thanks to a couple gadgetphiles, reads like a 3:00 AM Infomercial. :cool:

I think I'll invent a polymer ammunition round that can be placed into the chamber of all handgunds prior to holstering. We will never see another AD. (I'll call it a "snapkap".)

Or maybe a special holster block that prevents the pistol from being inserted into the holster until it has been cleared of all obstructions. (Including the blocking device.)

Then I'll sign up on firearms forums all over the Internet and tell folks why the new products are something they just can't live without.

(In my best Dr. Evil voice...)
    "I'll make meeeeelllyuns of dollirs!" :rofl:

Might I suggest a spending it on a reading comprehension class?:cool:

While we certainly don't mind criticism or people speaking their mind about whether they think our product is worthwhile, I personally draw the line at being maliciously misquoted.

In all seriousness and to reiterate: yes, we think we have a good idea. Yes, there are some people who want Gadgets on their Glocks. No, we would never say they should be mandatory. No, we would never call someone out for choosing not to use one.

Now that is funny...

Tell me I need reading a comprehension class.
    State that you draw the line at malicious misquoting.
    And then misquote me... :lol2:

I never said that you wanted it to be mandatory to install your gadget on all Glocks. But that must be what you read... Where are your comprehension skills?

But... While I am here, I must give the inventor kudos...

The item is extremely appropriately named... It is after all ... merely another "gadget". And an expensive one at that... The mere suggestion that such an item is for safety and then having the audacity to set a price which would cause the very people who you presume to be in need of the device, to run away from it, is hilfrikkinlarious... :rofl:

Enjoy your sales. P. T. Barnum said you will have customers at the rate of one born per minute. :party29:

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Thank you, your opinion is awesome, and I completely agree! I have no problem with redundancy when it comes to my junk! :lol2: If I buy a glock to carry IWB, I will buy one. As it stands... Many others find value in this product.

As one who has been in close quarters combat with an armed subject... On more than a few occasions... I not only find no value in the product... I see it as a liability.
    If all it takes is pressure on the "Gadget" to render the pistol unable to fire...

What is the person, who needs to fire the pistol in close quarters combat, going to do when the attacker gets their hand on the pistol applies pressure to your "Gadget" and prevents them from using it to defend themself?

When a person in CQB needs to be able to pull that trigger... Where are the makers of this "Gadget" going to be as the attacker grips the pistol and prevents the trigger from being pulled?

Or does the designer of this "Gadget" believe that "holstering" is the only action of the Glock pistol user that needs any consideration?

My life is worth more to me than $55.00 thank you.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Wow tough crowd, must be shark week!

As for the conspiracy theories I would like to see his email server, whoops too late all gone. :)

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Hey, look at this product that I think will make for a safer striker fired glock, Promotion of a product? Maybe. What do you have against that? They were promoting a product they think makes a firearm more safe. The OP makes nothing off the product.
    Ok webb, I'll play...
    See below...
    As one who has been in close quarters combat with an armed subject... On more than a few occasions... I not only find no value in the product... I see it as a liability.
    If all it takes is pressure on the "Gadget" to render the pistol unable to fire...

What is the person, who needs to fire the pistol in close quarters combat, going to do when the attacker gets their hand on the pistol applies pressure to your "Gadget" and prevents them from using it to defend themself?

When a person in CQB needs to be able to pull that trigger... Where are the makers of this "Gadget" going to be as the attacker grips the pistol and prevents the trigger from being pulled?

Or does the designer of this "Gadget" believe that "holstering" is the only action of the Glock pistol user that needs any consideration?

My life is worth more to me than $55.00 thank you.
    I am totally against adding any potential points of failure to a firearm. While this device may prevent negligent discharge when used as the inventor suggests it seems to me that RD is 100% correct in that it could also prevent an intentional discharge in some circumstances. This is a risk I would never consider for myself or suggest for another.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    Well, count me as one who understands the product, but doesn't understand all the hostility in here.

Personally, I don't think I'd use one. The longer I've owned guns, the more inclined I am towards NOT modding them.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Well, count me as one who understands the product, but doesn't understand all the hostility in here.

Because they started a soft product roll out here 1 week before going live.
    If it were simply a "hey look what I'm contemplating" post, then it should have been posted years ago as a "hey, what y'all think?".
    Would have been received much nicer I believe.

Dec 31, 2012
    If it were simply a "hey look what I'm contemplating" post, then it should have been posted years ago as a "hey, what y'all think?".
    grass roots marketing :lol2:

pilotguy299

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2010
    FredNeck County, MD

Anyone who reholsters quickly, fast, or in a tactictal manner is an idiot. You have a specified amount of time to get the gun out......if your first......you should have a lifetime to put it back In.

^^^ This ^^^

No one ever won a gunfight by being the first one back in the holster. You need time to make sure that there are no additional threats.

If this "gadget" makes someone feel safer with a glock, then it may be good for them. But I agree with RD that it is not a device that would be a good idea to have on a LE firearm.

Although in reality there is probably a better chance that in a CQC situation that a pistol would be pushed out of battery by the LEO trying to make a contact shot, or the perp grabbing around the slide and pushing it rearward, than the "gadget" being engaged by the perp.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County

If someone was trying to create some Buzz, they certainly did!

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    It's very interesting to read the contrast in the comments here versus those that were in the smart gun thread some months ago when Engage was "engaged" (sorry...couldn't resist) in the controversy surrounding their marketing of that product.

Can we please stop the piling on and simply address the product on its merits? We will deal with the administrative stuff related to the forum.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes

image.jpg

Would Agree With Your Message:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    As for the merits of this "Gadget", it ranks right up there with external safety kits for Glocks.

If Glock won't modify their design for our various .mil pistol trials than why should you?

As been said before, if you don't like a Glock or feel safe with a Glock then shoot a M&P or something else that floats your boat.

Now time to return to the hive and make some more honey.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom