Anything We Can Do To Save CCW Review Board?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Inasmuch as MSP seems inclined to take every reversal/modification to the OAH admin judges, eliminating the board also has the effect of shortening the wait time between MSP refusal and circuit court. This might also play into a higher court bid, based on factors relating to the OAH actions?

IANAL, of course. But then, neither are the MSP LD troops. Yet they get to make up laws.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    That letter was excellent - work of scholarship. I was looking at sections to quote, but so many were good, that I'd end up quoting it in near entirety.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    What if the Gov. were to veto it today? I thought I saw that they were going to hold a special session to elect a new speaker. The MD constitution says they may respond to the veto whenever they are next in session, right? I didn't see anything in the letter about that. Is there a reason for not covering this aspect? Or, is it more important for him to understand the "why to veto" rather than the "how to veto" question. Ultimately, I think both are important.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I told the Gov. to smartly veto it at the last possible moment to make sure the HPRB lasts as long as possible until they meet in Jan.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Do we even know for sure there will be a special session? I've seen nothing official.

I dont think that SB1000 has been presented to the Gov. I think they have up to 30 days to present it, and then he has 30 days to veto.

If the special session is may 6th as has been rumored, it is at least theoretically possible he vetoes it after the special session regardless.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    If a special session just to elect a House speaker, will the Senate be in special session too? Obviously it takes both to override a veto.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Once again Mark provides an OUTSTANDING Document to be presented to Hogan. Has one been sent to our very own anti AG Her Frosh??? I would like to see the look on his face as he reads it, that is if he will take the time to read it but I do have some doubt tho.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    If a special session just to elect a House speaker, will the Senate be in special session too? Obviously it takes both to override a veto.

No and they wouldn’t be able to deal with legislation. They would have to call a special session for a specific bill, otherwise they can’t deal with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Do we even know for sure there will be a special session? I've seen nothing official.

I dont think that SB1000 has been presented to the Gov. I think they have up to 30 days to present it, and then he has 30 days to veto.

If the special session is may 6th as has been rumored, it is at least theoretically possible he vetoes it after the special session regardless.

So what would happen if they DO NOT present it to the gov within the 30day time frame?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    So what would happen if they DO NOT present it to the gov within the 30day time frame?

20 days, see post #31. My memory was off.

If they dont present it, hell has frozen over. It will get presented.

According to this: the special session to elect the speaker would be May 1. Hogan has not decided to call one.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/politics/bs-md-mcintosh-votes-20190413-story.html

Hogan probably will call it after the funeral and after some reasonable certainty of the vote tally and who will win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom