• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I think I'd rather fill my Chargemaster and discover that I forgot to close the emptying chute.
    I haven't done that very many times. :D

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I have a aluminum cookie sheet mounted under my Mec 650jr. The lip catches any dropped shot, primers or powder. I have a thin rubber drawer liner in the cookie sheet to help stop the bounce. It makes clean up easy.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Perhaps the same place all the lost detents and springs go...

Attachments

• download.jpg
      download.jpg
      7.8 KB · Views: 257

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Perhaps the same place all the lost detents and springs go...

Been there. I actually saw where it went which was behind the base board heater, in-between the brick wall and the wood floor. Gone forever. Then I thought maybe I can make one from an allen key with the rounded end. It kind of worked. Put my build on hold for a couple weeks while I ordered a set of ten and now I have extras! I also got a tool designed for the front detent of the take down pin it works really well.

TreadNot

May 11, 2012
    Bel Air
    Turn off lights. Hold a flashlight on the floor, shining beam parallel to the floor. The primer will cast a long shadow, making it easy to spot, assuming it didn't drop into a wormhole or your shoe (past experience). :D

hermyjoe

Feb 5, 2012
    riverdale md
    Parallel dimension.... right next to the missing single socks.

Honestly, I have an old rug under my reloading bench... when I drop a primer or bullet, I usually just gently sweep my bare foot back and forth across the rug and I usually find the renegade.

And hillary's emails ?

km04

Get crackin you muggs!!!!
    Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    Slip an old leg of pantyhose over the end of the vacuum them vacumm the floor. The pantyhose will catch everything that has been dropped.

U.S.SFC_RET

Ultimate Member
    Dec 8, 2005
    I don't care who you are if you reload you will drop primers, even if you never drop primers you will.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Got you beat.
    Not too long ago, the old plastic large MEC bottle of 8-1/2 shot broke around the threads, dumping the bottle on the floor, where the rest of the bottle broke. Over 1/2 full... on a hardwood floor.

Yup. I've done that. Thankfully on an unfinished concrete floor. Swept most of it up, vacuumed the majority of the remainder of what was left. I reload barefoot, so I often find a couple sticks of powder with my feet when I'm down there. It'll never end...

lensman

lensman
    Mar 14, 2012
    Near Annapolis
    Life it too short...

To worry about spilled primers. If they accidentally discharge, it's like a cap gun. If they don't discharge, then no worries.

Right?

Last edited:

JB01

Nov 11, 2017
    km04 said, "Slip an old leg of pantyhose over the end of the vacuum them vacuum the floor. The pantyhose will catch everything that has been dropped."
    That is the most ingenious idea. It certainly is better than sweeping. Thanks
    JB

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom