• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Alston is going to get a thank you letter from me. I do live in PG county a few weeks a year

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Alston is going to get a thank you letter from me. I do live in PG county a few weeks a year

I'll have to invite Alston and a few others over to the house to shoot. I heard a few others were working on a semi discrete shooting venue. Maybe Norton and Co could do the invites and I could grill something up and make sure to have plenty of sweet lemonade(official beverge).

If we can set this up it would be a great excuse to get a second skeet thrower for the back deck. I could probably get EPPS1919 to bring the Gatling over and get some fresh stickers for the dueling trees.

It could be the MSI Legislative outreach BBQ.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    So the MSP got spanked all day like that? Sucks to be that guy.

Norton said something about Thursday? What's going on Thursday, more hearings? What time?

Jun 30, 2010
    Churchton
    You really get a feeling that they respect and value every testimony dontcha?

This is downright disgusting and disrespectful. :sad20:

When you're there to discuss issues, at least show some form of decency and pay attention to the person speaking, regardless of your stance. Thats seriously one of my pet peeves... :mad54:

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    These hearings shold have auditors keeping the delegates in the room. When I take licensing classes, we are audited to make sure we don't sign in and then leave. This is ridiculous that these fat, bloated douchebags treat their jobs and our lives with so little respect. Can you imagine what a judge would do to a juror who acted like these elected officials? How about a school teacher with unruley students? I just can't believe this type of conduct is allowed.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    WARPIG [USMC];1516089 said:
    This is downright disgusting and disrespectful. :sad20:

When you're there to discuss issues, at least show some form of decency and pay attention to the person speaking, regardless of your stance. Thats seriously one of my pet peeves... :mad54:

Del Valario may as well have been standing at attention saluting the entire 8+hrs compared to what we will face on Thursday.

Jun 30, 2010
    Churchton
    These hearings shold have auditors keeping the delegates in the room. When I take licensing classes, we are audited to make sure we don't sign in and then leave. This is ridiculous that these fat, bloated douchebags treat their jobs and our lives with so little respect. Can you imagine what a judge would do to a juror who acted like these elected officials? How about a school teacher with unruley students? I just can't believe this type of conduct is allowed.

THIS. :thumbsup:

Absolutely agree.

Del Valario may as well have been standing at attention saluting the entire 8+hrs compared to what we will face on Thursday.

:sad20:

JRoCc

MDS Supporter
    Jun 2, 2010
    Earth

:thumbsup:

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008

here's the MSP permit division guy saying he's there to tell the lawmakers, with the current law in front of them, what the law currently is, and not to offer an opinion....and then go on to state that he was told to be against hb45 because people with guns is scary.(i may have paraphrased a bit there)

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    You really get a feeling that they respect and value every testimony dontcha?

The guy speaking should have called them out on it. It could have made a pretty awesome viral video. "Hey! You! Are you serious?!? I pay your salary, sit your butt down and pay attention when I'm talking to you!"

cyberfrance

Feb 1, 2012
    I think we should just flood Frosh's emails daily for months and months, every damn day until he just has to deal with it. Make it so bad that nothing else can get through. Send letters over and over again. See if all of the gun club members would do the same. Just lock up his email box. Have his secretary overwhelmed.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I think we should just flood Frosh's emails daily for months and months, every damn day until he just has to deal with it. Make it so bad that nothing else can get through. Send letters over and over again. See if all of the gun club members would do the same. Just lock up his email box. Have his secretary overwhelmed.

If we got every gun owner in MD to do this, it might work.

It has been done before; but it took a lot of leg work and some help from Jessica's law supporters.

southern71

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 23, 2012
    Just sent Delegate Alston an email saying I appreciated her attentiveness today with these controversial political issues. Also thanked her for an open mind and urged her to support the bills and issue a formal acknowledgement of her support for others to follow. Kept it very positive and gratefull.

Dklo

Dec 20, 2011
    Just sent this to Alston

Delegate Alston,

I wanted to take the time to thank you for keeping an open mind during the proceedings today. I commend your willingness to gather more information about the issue to dispel some of the fears and see the benefits of making Maryland a Shall Issue state.

It is hard to deny that the public opinion surrounding this issue is overwhelmingly for making Maryland a Shall-Issue state. Even the Maryland State Police Troopers, who were the ONLY ones to testify against the HB 45, off the record said they personally are for this type of legislation. I also found it very interesting that MSP could not define what a "Good and Substantial" reason is, yet they deny permits on that basis. If you cannot define something, how can you make a decision based on it? It makes no sense. The law either needs to be defined, or the "Good and Substantial" reason clause needs to be repealed.

This is a good law. In 25 years of concealed carry in the United States the overwhelming majority of concealed carry permit holders abide by the law and many people, including law enforcement officers are alive today thanks to an armed citizen. As I write this to you tonight, I saw on WBAL that a customer was shot in the chest during a robbery of a Royal Farms store in Baltimore. If the customer had been armed, could his injury have been prevented? Could the robbery have been stopped? Its hard to say for sure, but one thing is 100% certain; The victim would have had the opportunity to defend himself and other innocents. That is all we are asking for. A FIGHTING CHANCE!

I encourage you to read "The Armed Citizen" which is a weekly blog published by American Rifleman magazine (www.americanrifleman.org). They will not publish any story that is not vetted and already published in a newspaper. You will see that armed citizens prevent more crimes than they commit and that many people owe their lives to an armed citizen.

Thank you again

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    So the MSP got spanked all day like that? Sucks to be that guy.

Norton said something about Thursday? What's going on Thursday, more hearings? What time?

Two bills on Thursday.

Dealer record keeping - very dangerous bill for dealers and also creates a gun registry

Crimes committed in other states - don't get a misdemeanor assault charge in Virginia where the penalty is basically "don't do that again" because in MD that carries a penalty that would disqualify you from owning a firearm.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom