• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    The good Lieutenant was asked about the burden on MSP if HB45 went into law. He essentially said there would be no difference.

Also, when asked, he defined 'good and substantial' as "You know it when you see it" ... or as Del Smigiel called it "Arbitrary & Capricious". what makes me think that he was sent there to fail ?

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I'd love to get a copy of that list he had.

If you ask nicely, maybe he'll send you a copy.

-------------

We have got to either strike that "good and substantial" phrase entirely, or turn it back on the State.

It's the State that needs a "good and substantial" reason to deny a permit.

The entire concept of "documented threats" is an outrage. No one knows when or where a threat may arise. You can walk dark alleys in bad neighborhoods and not have a problem, then go home to your safe suburb and be attacked outside the grocery store. All those people massacred at the Luby's in Killeen, Texas: did they have documented threats? How many rape victims can produced documentary evidence that they will be attacked three weeks from next Tuesday?

Mr H

Banana'd
    Almost like he knew the fix is in. He played his part in the legislative theater. He didn't fail because his testimony was inconsequential.

Completely my own assessment, here...

Watching the Lt. and the Cpl. answer the questions, I got the distinct feeling that the Lt.--if left to voice his own opinion--would be FOR shall-issue. He uncomfortably dodged anything that might have caused him to say as much.

The Cpl., on the other hand, would have been a better mouthpiece for the MSP since he buys into to the 'company line'.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Completely my own assessment, here...

Watching the Lt. and the Cpl. answer the questions, I got the distinct feeling that the Lt.--if left to voice his own opinion--would be FOR shall-issue. He uncomfortably dodged anything that might have caused him to say as much.

The Cpl., on the other hand, would have been a better mouthpiece for the MSP since he buys into to the 'company line'.

Is it the same corporal (Cuisamo sp?) that approves MD designated collectors affadavits?

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    Who says we don't have a fighting chance? MD is on the frontlines for a reason. It's an uphill battle, but we, the good guys, HAVE to stay on the offensive -- give up, and the fight will follow you. Our ancestors fought, killed, and died to buy us just a little liberty, and it's because of them that our version of "fighting for our rights" can be done with a keyboard or a pen. Maryland's liberty was worth bleeding to death at Long Island for, and it still is. Writing a letter or handing out a flyer is nothing, absolutely nothing, compared to what we ought to be willing to do.

You write as if I'm trodding on the blood and bodies of those who fight and have fought for my freedoms. I can assure you that couldn't be farther from reality.

jake12

May 18, 2010
    Did anyone else notice Smigel recited "Article 6" verbatim without breaking eye contact??

That was great, I kept looking at his desk to see if he might be reading something, but it was definitely recited from memory. It was great to see his and some of our other delegates deep desire to get to the bottom of the this problem and to hopefully see it corrected.

Glaug-Eldare

BANNED!!!
    Jan 17, 2011
    You write as if I'm trodding on the blood and bodies of those who fight and have fought for my freedoms. I can assure you that couldn't be farther from reality.

Sorry, I definitely didn't intend it to be a personal attack -- I just have a tendency to write in revolutionary terms. Blame my pension for the dramatic! :lol2:

I find that pun way too funny...

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    I am sorry for my ignorance of how laws are made but what is the next step and when will we see that? Great job to all who went today. I listened to what I could with all the buffering and I don't see how they could not pass it for all the good point that were made. Still listening and just herd them tell a police officer that they would be denied a CCW after he retires if the hb300 died. Man they even know it before they apply.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    7:55PM Paul and John still holding down the front row!

Way to go guys, you are true leaders of the cause.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom