• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    Rhetorical question: if the OP made the sale and the next day camera crews showed up at the OPs house with the Bloomberg stooges in tow to accuse the OP of making a straw man sale, how many here would be saying he made the wrong decision?

I think the story headline would be "Grimnar sells evil gun to random guy with no background check...see, loopholes do exist" rather than anything related to a straw purchase.

The definition of straw purchase is this...

"a criminal act in which something, especially a firearm, is bought by one person on behalf of another who is legally unable to make the purchase themselves."

The OP never confirmed that the person he met was legally able to make the purchase...why would he care if the second guy could qualify?

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I am not really sure its an investment. If you hold it until President Warren signs the first gun control bill, it might go up in value. But Colt makes a bajillion of these, so then again maybe not. I say, just let 'er rip.

Maybe not so much after today's announcement that Colt is going to be out of the civilian long-gun business.

LRoberts

Retired Master General El
    Oct 22, 2017
    SM County
    For what it's worth, I frequently ride shotgun (so to speak) with a friend of mine who - like me - likes to shoot and buys too many guns. But he's a bit less marinated in the trends and evolving market, so he asks me to come along as a sanity check. He has - exactly as in your meet-up - handed his prospective purchase physically to me, whereupon I fiddled with it, make some judgement calls, and then handed it back to him saying something along the lines of, "Works for me." That consulting sidekick role could EASILY be perceived as him making a straw purchase for me, when it absolutely is no such thing.

But you didn't kick anyone's car. :-)

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    I'm not sure the "other side" of the story matter much, once you decide to either damage property or lay hands on someone.....all bets are off.

I can't think of a situation where I'd KICK someone's car unless myself or a family member was in immediate danger.

Certainly not because someone chose to not sell me a firearm....

This. Kicking the car changes everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom