• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 20ravens52

Mar 21, 2016
    Long Green
    Does anyone think the HQL legislation will ever be repealed? I was hoping Hogan would do away with this nonsense, but I haven't heard anything of the sort.

I guess I should probably just leaving this God forsaken state..

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    Does anyone think the HQL legislation will ever be repealed? I was hoping Hogan would do away with this nonsense, but I haven't heard anything of the sort.

I guess I should probably just leaving this God forsaken state..

Repealed, not a chance. But there is a chance it will be struct down by the courts.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Hogan does not have legislative power, and the legislature has a Dem supermajority.

Find out who you delegates are and if Dem, make sure you help their opposition, either in the primary or the general. Also MSI as noted above.

Odds are low for repeal, unless the courts order it. It might be converted to a W&C permit if national reciprocity gets passed or the Supreme Court finds outside-the-home right to self defense.

Keep in mind VA and PA are turning purple insofar as guns. You can run, but not necessarily hide.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Hogan does not have legislative power, and the legislature has a Dem supermajority.

Find out who you delegates are and if Dem, make sure you help their opposition, either in the primary or the general. Also MSI as noted above.

Odds are low for repeal, unless the courts order it. It might be converted to a W&C permit if national reciprocity gets passed or the Supreme Court finds outside-the-home right to self defense.

Keep in mind VA and PA are turning purple insofar as guns. You can run, but not necessarily hide.

I would pay hundreds of dollars to see the look on Frosh's face if that happened

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013

notfast

Sep 3, 2012
    Bel Air, MD
    Have a missed an instance where this state has ever "gotten rid of" any "tax" that they've created???

Sure something like tolls have been lowered (back to where they were already) but has anything that brought the state money ever went away?

chipd

May 20, 2017
    i know the HQL requirement is silly. However, I sure hope you aren't saying you don't want to buy a gun because of it. It is just an old jim crow law. Don't let it hold you back. It is simple and cheap, and lasts 10 years. I already owned revolvers, so it cost me not much at all. Just patience.

nomade

Apr 26, 2014
    I would like the hql to go away, but I can live with it.
    What I really want to go away is 10 round restriction and ar15 and ak restrictions.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I would like the hql to go away, but I can live with it.
    What I really want to go away is 10 round restriction and ar15 and ak restrictions.

There is a way around the 10 round restriction. Buy HexMag True 10/30s. Then buy 30 round springs. Take a trip out of state and convert them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Lawsuits are heard by Obama appointed judges. There is no hope for Maryland unless:
    They tie the DNC and maybe Hillary to Seth Rich's death
    Trump meets Chris Cuomo's standard of proving there is no proof of collusion with the Russians
    The Democrats realize the media has been lying to them for years.
    Trump and Jared finish 2 terms each.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    However, I sure hope you aren't saying you don't want to buy a gun because of it.

That's exactly what people said when the law passed. Look around are their more, the same or fewer gun stores since them?

nomade

Apr 26, 2014
    There is a way around the 10 round restriction. Buy HexMag True 10/30s. Then buy 30 round springs. Take a trip out of state and convert them.

I have a bunch of 30 round mags.
    What I mean is buying a pistol and get 10 round clips. Or make the dealer send the clips out of state.
    It is just a retarded law.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County

I have a bunch of 30 round mags.

What I mean is buying a pistol and get 10 round clips. Or make the dealer send the clips out of state.

It is just a retarded law.

Totally stupid and useless law. It doesn't improve public safety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    i know the HQL requirement is silly. However, I sure hope you aren't saying you don't want to buy a gun because of it. It is just an old jim crow law. Don't let it hold you back. It is simple and cheap, and lasts 10 years. I already owned revolvers, so it cost me not much at all. Just patience.

And this is exactly why these bull s--t laws come to be. The antis know we will bow down and accept them. Even make excuses why there not all that bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom