• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    What's with the no shirt? Used as a compress?

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Shouldn't this be in the National 2A section?

Unless it happened in Texas Maryland... :D

Parallax-Free

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 12, 2017
    Balt. Co MD
    The idea of Wear and Carry is to preserve life. For a vet who presumably has hours and hours of firearm training to take such extreme action is mind blowing.

In no part of this country does someone who commits an armed robbery get sentenced to death. That's what this guy did.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I still haven't figured out what happened in this particular situation

In General : When using deadly force in response to Armed Robbery , the intent is NOT to perform a summary death penalty upon the robbER . It is to prevent the death of the robbEE.

This is equally for the direct victim acting in their own behalf, and 3rd parties.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    unless your own life or love ones is in imminent threat.. be a good witness rather trying to be judge/jury/executioner wanna be.

(Flame suit on).

Agree wholeheartedly. There are a whole myrad of possible situations out and about. Is one or both of the viewed participants an UC LEO?

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Reminds me of the PA open carry dinner I was at where some dinkus felt he needed to show his 10mm off by unloading and passing it around to the couple of guys interested in it. Thankfully we were in a side room with very few "public" in it, and the guy safely unloaded/reloaded. But OMG, cmon people.

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    Reminds me of the PA open carry dinner I was at where some dinkus felt he needed to show his 10mm off by unloading and passing it around to the couple of guys interested in it. Thankfully we were in a side room with very few "public" in it, and the guy safely unloaded/reloaded. But OMG, cmon people.

B.G.O.S.

Done safely, this should be no more eyebrow-raising than showing a cellphone.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    B.G.O.S.

Done safely, this should be no more eyebrow-raising than showing a cellphone.

Right, but the issue is the non gun public seeing it. Had this been in Bum**** WV in an area that is nothing but hillbillies, nobody would bat an eye, but this happened in purple-y York county PA. A lot of MD transplants who didn't leave their smurf colored politics when they moved. I didn't say anything to the guy or the ones who were ogling the gun. I did get on an old guy who wanted to show me his shotgun in a parking lot, different time and place, but in York county. He wanted me to shoulder it and everything. I as like, no way, put it away. In his generation there was nothing odd about it, but I didn't want the SWAT team called on us since it's not 1980 anymore.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Right, but the issue is the non gun public seeing it. Had this been in Bum**** WV in an area that is nothing but hillbillies, nobody would bat an eye, but this happened in purple-y York county PA. A lot of MD transplants who didn't leave their smurf colored politics when they moved. I didn't say anything to the guy or the ones who were ogling the gun. I did get on an old guy who wanted to show me his shotgun in a parking lot, different time and place, but in York county. He wanted me to shoulder it and everything. I as like, no way, put it away. In his generation there was nothing odd about it, but I didn't want the SWAT team called on us since it's not 1980 anymore.

You're worried about someone seeing a pistol and freaking out...

But have no qualms about calling West Virginians "hillbillies"?

B. G. O. S. with a side of Dis.

Hint: "hillbillies" is not a respectful term to use for people who happen to be in or from West Virginia, Virginia, N. C., Tennessee, Kentucky, or any other of the mountain States.

Try "mountaineers"... it's just nicer and more respectful. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom