• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    How is it that MSP is saying it's a handgun and needs 77r .

ATF considers it a "other" just like any pistol gripped only shotgun, the only restriction is for a"other" you have to be 21.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Regardless of the nanny state's skewed legal determination, before plunking down your gelt, watch this:

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Regardless of the nanny state's skewed legal determination, before plunking down your gelt, watch this:

Gosh, darn it, Fred. You moved me toward ordering a coach gun instead. The Shockwave is still pretty sexy though.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Gosh, darn it, Fred. You moved me toward ordering a coach gun instead. The Shockwave is still pretty sexy though.

DO IT!

howdah-45-410.jpg

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Cool vid, but in the primary scenario that he was presenting (home defense preparation), he really doesn't show why the Shockwave would be superior to a traditional pump shotgun with a stock. I think we can assuming aiming down a hallway is less accurate with the Shockwave, and retention is possibly more difficult at close quarters.

For me, the obvious appeal of the Shockwave is its size, but one can't use it as a car gun in MD, and there aren't everyday situations where I think it would normally be the better concealed carry option where possible/permissible.

On a backpack scabbard, as a woods gun, maybe it would be advantageous due to portability and power, but effective distance due to impaired aiming is likely under 40 yards.

My difficulty in finding a practical purpose for it doesn't mean that it lacks appeal. It might fall into the just-because-I-can-have-it self-justification. Possibly after getting a Mossberg 500/590. I already ordered the coach gun before posting. :D

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    V I never bring it out anymore but I got a nice coachgun I had cut down to 18 on the nose. You're welcome to give it a go if you happen to be down this way and wanna snag it. It's a freaking hoot. We used to shoot clays with it on our old property!

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Gosh, darn it, Fred. You moved me toward ordering a coach gun instead.

For sheer uniqueness, I'm with you. But for just about any other usage, I think I'd opt for the latter because of the additional firepower (especially salient when using shorty shells, which turn the Shockwave into quite the party animal).

I don't own either, but a friend's got a handful of old, double-barrels and SBSs (with stubby handgrips similar (but not the same) to the Shockwave) and I find that firing a 12ga with a stubby grip is quite a handful. Not that you can't become relatively proficient with it with alotta practice, but who's got that much free time, especially when that time's probably better spent with any number of other firearms.

The Shockwave is still pretty sexy though.

That's more than sufficient impetus for hitting the Buy button.:)

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I have no shotgun. I could probably get this home without the chief noticing. Prices are a bit up due to demand. Hope they fall some, can wait.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    The New TAC-14 – Full Review!

From the review: "The Tac-14 had the ability, in my mind, to be the leader of this new pack of pump-action firearms. However, if I were asked about purchasing this Remington, I would have to offer some cautions. That Magpul forend is going to get away from you if you find yourself in a situation where you have to sustain rapid fire; it’s only a matter of time. Now, this is not a semi-auto, so it is not like you have a round in the chamber as your hand comes off the forend. But, it still bears comment. I would describe it in this way: imagine a Dodge HellCat with the traction control turned off. If you push it too far it can and will get away from you, no matter how skilled or persistent you are."

I'll add: HellYeah!

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    V I never bring it out anymore but I got a nice coachgun I had cut down to 18 on the nose. You're welcome to give it a go if you happen to be down this way and wanna snag it. It's a freaking hoot. We used to shoot clays with it on our old property!
    Thanks man. I have a Chinese (JW-2000) 20 gauge 20-inch coach gun that I picked up a couple weeks back that I haven't had a chance to clean yet. If I get the hankering for a 12 gauge, I'll drop you a line.

For sheer uniqueness, I'm with you. But for just about any other usage, I think I'd opt for the latter because of the additional firepower (especially salient when using shorty shells, which turn the Shockwave into quite the party animal).

I don't own either, but a friend's got a handful of old, double-barrels and SBSs (with stubby handgrips similar (but not the same) to the Shockwave) and I find that firing a 12ga with a stubby grip is quite a handful. Not that you can't become relatively proficient with it with alotta practice, but who's got that much free time, especially when that time's probably better spent with any number of other firearms.

For me, the coach gun is also a nice complement to my 1873 and 1892 lever action rifles. Will eventually get a period replica pump shotgun or rifle (like the Colt Lightening).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom