• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Integrity

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Columbia, MD
    Good size reference there. When folded, the Sub2000 can fit nearly anywhere. Shooting it, however, is a pain. Its definitely not a range toy.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I have the Gen 1 and the Gen 2. Awesome little rifles and no permit required for regular transport (unloaded) throughout most of Maryland. Super concealable when folded and best of all the same mags will fit all my 9 mm Glocks except the G43.

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    Is the Glock 17 version more common? I have a Glock 19. Not sure if I should be trying to get the 17 or 19 verson of the Sub2K. Is it worth converting a G17 Sub2K to a G19?

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    I have the Gen 1 and the Gen 2. Awesome little rifles and no permit required for regular transport (unloaded) throughout most of Maryland. Super concealable when folded and best of all the same mags will fit all my 9 mm Glocks except the G43.

Until there's a review and its determined that's not the case anymore

Knight41

Feb 16, 2016
    I was fortunate enough to be looking on Fox Firearms website 2 days ago and they had two Gen 2s in stock. I was able to pick up the very last one! Probably the luckiest buy I have made to date.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Is the Glock 17 version more common? I have a Glock 19. Not sure if I should be trying to get the 17 or 19 verson of the Sub2K. Is it worth converting a G17 Sub2K to a G19?
    The 17 version is probably a lot more readily available. Both of mine are Glock 17 versions. I wouldn't bother converting it to a 19 version I would just keep it as a 17 version and buy some mags which would then also work in your 19. Once you own one you are only going to want to shoot 33-round happy sticks through it anyway.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Until there's a review and its determined that's not the case anymore

Do I detect some sarcasm based on the fact they're making up all the other rules as they go?
    Forgot to mention we are good to go on this one. Since there is nothing in the law about it Frosh can't add something to the law. In order for him to interpret a law it has to exist.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    So which is better...Gen1 or 2?

Improvements in the Gen 2 include a metal front sight post, threaded barrel, picatinny rail, M-lock attachment points, and a semi-adjustable rear stock.

At this price point, I'm tempted to get another so both vehicles are covered. The Sub2000 is secure when folded but also deploys quickly.

The 17 version is probably a lot more readily available. Both of mine are Glock 17 versions. I wouldn't bother converting it to a 19 version I would just keep it as a 17 version and buy some mags which would then also work in your 19. Once you own one you are only going to want to shoot 33-round happy sticks through it anyway.

I agree. The grip on the G17 model feels just right for my medium size hands. I might order a G19 model if I get an alert for the right price, but am concerned about how much shorter the grip is. As per actual Glock pistols, I don't have a G17 (although a G34 is on "the list" at some point) but do have a G19.

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    Mounted my red dot with some cheapie 45 offset adapters. As cheap as they are they really work well and have maintained zero for the last 600-700 rounds. They push the optic just far enough over to very nearly latch closed. Some light work with a file would make it fit perfect. But I'm not worried about it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      96.8 KB · Views: 404

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads