C&R FFL pistol mailed to 03 FFL allowed?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Has anyone knowledge as to why AIM surplus does not sell pistols to a Md C&R FFL? They have this on their website and many other smaller sellers use them as a reference and refuse to do so as well. I asked the Md State Police over the phone (and not in writing yet) if it was legal for me to buy a C&R pistol online and have it mailed to me and they said that there were no restrictions. I asked AIM surplus why they said they don't sell C&R pistols to a Md FFL holder and they said it was because of our MD "one purchase in 30 days" law. so, I went back to the Md State Police and recieved a "designated collector" status which would allow me to "purchase as many pistols a month as my bank account has money" (that's what the state trooper's words were). I sent AIM a copy of the letter stating I was a "designated collector" along with my C&R FFL and a letter stating that I was not restricted from buying a thousand C&R pistols a month from them and if they could state a single law or regulation that would keep them from selling the darn pistol to me, to let me know. I also asked them to clarify their position as to Md purchasers on their website. I still have not heard a word from AIM and their website still says the same thing.

Is there anyone who has gotten something in writing from the state police that says that C&R FFL holders do not have a restricition keeping them from buying C&R pistols across state lines? I know that AIM can refuse to sell to whoever they want, I just want them to change their website to something that resembles the truth so that other sellers do not get mistaken about the law.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Been there done that. Not only did I not find anything about my C&R handgun situation, I also found one or two possible inconsistencies with Md law. When I received my FFL they sent me the state laws. I scoured Md law for this situation and found no specific mentions. Packing.org is a very helpfull site, but even the NRA website has listed Md law incorrectly. If it says anywhere in the website anything about the transfer of handguns to a C&R FFL holder across state lines and I missed it, please let me know. But thank you anyway and I appreciate the link.

tosainu1

May 10, 2005
    Bowie Md
    Well i wish AIM would change their policy so i can guy a CZ52 from them...anybody know of any sources for this gun that will ship to O3 FLL's in MD?

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    The Dealer Warehouse in Modesto California and, if I recall correctly, KY imports and Classic Arms inc might do it as well. It seems like the ones in California and Florida usually know Md law well enough to mail the C&R handgun. There are others but you may have to do a lot of calling to find them. By the way, for some strange reason it seems as if every single distributor I called that sells the Nagant revolver doesn't sell to Md 03 FFL's.

tosainu1

May 10, 2005
    Bowie Md
    Thanks Novus Collectus

Once you get a good sized list of C&R retailers, you should post it as a stick if you can as i'm sure as this forum grows, people are going to want to know who has the interest enough in our money to research the laws according to our great state.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    tosainu1 said:
    Once you get a good sized list of C&R retailers, you should post it as a stick if you can as i'm sure as this forum grows, people are going to want to know who has the interest enough in our money to research the laws according to our great state.

Will do!

tosainu1

May 10, 2005
    Bowie Md
    You can add Empire Arms to the list of companies that will send C&R handguns to MD...address to send c&r is listed below:

Empire Arms
    95 Seminole Avenue
    Ormond Beach, Fl 32176

If you join their email list, this company sends out an email every couple of weeks or so(based on availability) of both c&r handguns and rifles that lists pics of the actual weapons so that you know exactly what you are getting unlike sog and aim..

May 12, 2005
    Montgomery
    I don't think FFLs are bound by the 30 day thing, I can't imagine that the gun stores can only buy 1 pistol per 30. Plus if it is for individual use then you have your collectors letter. They are just being ignorant.

300zx

Feb 8, 2006
    Frederick
    Has anyone come up with a list of dealers that will send handguns to maryland? If anyone can chime in, I would like to make the list and maybe have it set up as a sticky so everyone can see it.

Thanks for the imput.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom