• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Intercooler

Jun 10, 2012
    Almost bought one. With the Mosin I backed off at the last second due to needing another ammo and burning through it! Thanks for posting!

Intercooler

Jun 10, 2012
    The collapsing stock version is real nice. I wonder what that stock runs to put on this one since the other is out of stock?

wesser1

Dec 19, 2012
    Havre de Grace
    What are you doing about the 30 round mag that comes with it? Are they supplementing a 20 rounder, shipping it out of state, or just "confiscating" it?

Intercooler

Jun 10, 2012
    Good question! Part of why I wanted the Vepr but don't think you can get a high capacity for it later.

wesser1

Dec 19, 2012
    Havre de Grace
    Screw it, I ordered one. I maxed out my CC, but I'll be able to pay off the CC after Oct 1. Considering the alternative... Thanks for the notice ziptie!

Intercooler

Jun 10, 2012
    Screw it too LOL. I ordered one but if I recall correctly I did the same thing at Bud's and they said they couldn't ship to me due to the magazine. Let's see.

wesser1

Dec 19, 2012
    Havre de Grace
    It's dumb when FFLs do that. There's really three options...

1. Replace the magazine with a 20 rounder, OR ship the 30 rounder to another state.
    2. Don't include the magazine (more profit for retailer if they sell it)
    3. Include it and the FFL with confiscate it.

There's no reason for them to not ship it because of the mag, but you know, some do. Hopefully these guys don't do that. I asked questions about replacing or alternate shipping the mag in my comments when I ordered. Glad I didn't buy that Mosin Nagant from AIM I had in my cart a couple days ago, I wouldn't have been able to afford this!

ziptiespec

What are you doing about the 30 round mag that comes with it? Are they supplementing a 20 rounder, shipping it out of state, or just "confiscating" it?

I also added a note about the mag in the ordering comments. I asked them to please send it separately to another address (I have family in DE) or just omit it completely from the order. We'll see...

sob bought this for 800 plus taxes during the craze

Sorry to hear that. How do you like it though?

sajidakh

Dec 28, 2010
    How is it? You happy with it?

shoots and feels like an ak. magwell is cnc'd cut not dremmeled like the wasrs. mag release is super tight. like slam on the table tight to release a mag. but some oil and working it over and over, it's now smooth as silk. supplied tapco mag will fit super nice and slick once you sand down the sides just a little or just work it in the magwell a couple times. don't know why anyone would splurge on an arsenal for just a little better finish and no 'machining' marks in the chamber. supplied g2 trigger on the m10 is head over heels better than a standard ak trigger which feels no better than a mosin or sks if you've fired those. only issue i have is the safety sticks sometimes in the safe position, but pushing down on the dust cover releases it off the receiver or just being conscious of the fact to not 'slam' it to safe after firing will keep it from sticking. also the gas tube release lever is tight as hell. need a rubber mallet to release it. but very minor issues. gun shoots great and straight. no front sight cant on mine and the rpk rear sight is nice.

wesser1

Dec 19, 2012
    Havre de Grace
    Thanks for the review. Sounds like with a little tweaking ziptie, Intercooler, and I will be happy with our purchase! I'm excited to have mine coming....in like 3 months!

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Thanks for the review. Sounds like with a little tweaking ziptie, Intercooler, and I will be happy with our purchase! I'm excited to have mine coming....in like 3 months!
    I have one in 5.45x39. Excellent rifle all around, and better than the WASRs people keep comparing it to.

rewound

Apr 5, 2013
    Would love to get one to add variety in my collection...but i just got an AR...and a bunch of stripped lowers...a bit too late to the party i guess...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom