• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    ^^ that's the big thing. Insurance requires a separate rider for firearms and it's not like "oh you want $20k in gun protection?" it's "ok, we need pics, serials, descriptions etc. etc." and I have a feeling you're SOL if you have something with a lot of custom work like $2k Saiga vs. "well our books say those are $550 guns". Not to mention books for current reality.

TANK222

Dec 19, 2012
    Frederick
    Didn't you say above that someone was arrested with a gun from the initial break in? They didn't question him about your break in? Also, did you have hired movers in the house prior to the break ins?

The person who got arrested was who we thought broke in, but could not be linked.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    And standard homeowners policy will only cover $2500 for firearms :sad20:

I got together with my insurance agent and extended my coverage to $5k (for future growth) over what my collection is valued at. Then I have the NRA coverage on top of that to cover those ‘aw I forgot to add that in moments’.

I encourage everyone to contact their insurance company and get proper coverage for their collections!

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Sorry this happen to you, it not a glowing endorsement for "Redhead Safes"

I hope they burn who ever did this! Give's me a chill seeing the pictures. :mad54: What pisses me off is All our elected officials want to do is make more laws for the honest people, but will not kept the crooks in jail.

Criminals do not fear LAWS!

Last edited:

Redcat

Curmudgeon
    Oct 4, 2008
    Severn, MD
    I would guess they used the crowbar to create a gap for a hydraulic spreader tool of some type - google "hydra ram" or "rabbit tool" for some examples.

Bottom line - they were prepared for the safe and almost no safe will stop a prepared thief if they have enough time.

Last edited:
    May 13, 2005
    Damn... Time to put the safe in a safe.. in a safe.

Kinda like those russian dolls that keep opening up to more dolls.

Like to see the look on the thug when he cracks the first safe and sees the second one.. :)

Marine

Jan 10, 2013
    All of that damage with just a crowbar? That's amazing.

On top of having a safe, mine is hidden, and I don't tell anyone where it is. So even if someone brought a crowbar and gained access to my home (monitored), they would take a while to locate the safe. Or they might not realize that I have one and leave it alone.

TANK222

Dec 19, 2012
    Frederick
    Wow, I was expecting to see pics of another destroyed RSC instead of a safe. Did the thieves bring the crowbar with them?

I think I'm going to get a reticulated python and let it roam free in my safe room. That's ridiculous!

They took the crow bar out of the shed.

Damn that sucks :sad20: kinda sounds like someone who knows you or your family.
    What part of Frederick?

Middletown

I smell a fish.

Defiantly It's to to much of a story to type on here. But we defiantly know the person that was in the house that knew where the guns were. Its kind of a ****ed up situation.

t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD
    Middletown?????? Wtf? I live in Middletown. If you can, PM me details. My safe sucks and now I'm a little nervous. You said the house was vacant, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom