• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    :thumbsup: on the LED strip lighting. I ordered just what Straightshooter recommended & put it in myself. If I can do it, anyone can. Really makes a difference in visibility.

corbex

Feb 24, 2009
    I decided to go with the Cannon CS24 from Costco. They go on sale on 1/31 for $549 delivered. My questions are:

What else do I need to get? I'm looking at putting 7 rifles and 7 handguns in it.
    What dry rod do you recommend?
    What do you use for lighting?
    Any other add-ons to make organization easier?

Also, for those who have this safe and had it delivered, any luck in slipping some cash to the delivery guys to have them bring it inside?

Thanks in advance.

Were you able to score one of these? I just remembered and they are now sold out!!

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Were you able to score one of these? I just remembered and they are now sold out!!

I'm pretty pissed at myself. I was going to stay up last night and order it at 12:01am but did not. Tried to order it at 5:30 this morning and it was sold out:sad20:
    No one to blame but me. Oh well, the search is back on.

PharaohF4

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2010
    I'm pretty pissed at myself. I was going to stay up last night and order it at 12:01am but did not. Tried to order it at 5:30 this morning and it was sold out:sad20:
    No one to blame but me. Oh well, the search is back on.

Yeah, just saw that they are out as well. Does anyone know if Costco will give rain checks or offer $150 another safe (not that I see any that are close in price). I will try to stop by today and talk to Customer Service to see if they have any option. Costco usually has pretty good CS, assuming they are restocking this safe. Will report back

PharaohF4

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2010
    Yeah, just saw that they are out as well. Does anyone know if Costco will give rain checks or offer $150 another safe (not that I see any that are close in price). I will try to stop by today and talk to Customer Service to see if they have any option. Costco usually has pretty good CS, assuming they are restocking this safe. Will report back

Opps, helps to read "Valid 01/31/13 through 02/24/13. While supplies last"

Well I'll still talk to CS and see if they know if they will be getting more in stock. May have to call 1-800 # instead, but I'll see. It's a good price for a smaller safe (I only have 2 pistols and building a rifle currently so this should suit me for at least a few years)

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    Ray below are some pics of the DIY under shelf pistol rack project. I initially had these on the shelves in homemade racks but the took up to much room. I googled for ideas. I almost bought the commercially made under shelf wire support until I found the homemade project. This is made out of 2x2 wood cut to fit and painted. I drilled holes to slip the aluminum rods in and I shrank heat tubing on them to protect the barrels. All together I think cost me $14. I made room on the shelves and have all ready cluttered them up with small .22 rifles that are to short for the up right holders. Sorry the pics are out of order, I also installed an 18' rope light and think I'm gonna attach another section to run it in the back of the safe. Make sure you leave room for your door bolts when installing the lights. Sorry for the pic quality I took these with my phone.
    Safe 2.jpg

Safe 4.jpg

Safe 1.jpg

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    George,

Thanks for posting the pictures and the DIY. I really like the Pistol shelving system. How did you mount the 2X2 onto the back of the safe?

P.S. You need another safe. Nice collection :thumbsup:

PharaohF4

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2010
    Got a safe too. since its from Costco, i can always return if I don't like it or want to upgrade

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    George,

Thanks for posting the pictures and the DIY. I really like the Pistol shelving system. How did you mount the 2X2 onto the back of the safe?

P.S. You need another safe. Nice collection :thumbsup:

Ray I screwed them to the shelf and not the safe that was I could take them off and move/change things easy. The original long gun shelf was slotted on one side and U shaped on the other. That doesn't really work well for for scoped guns so I took the shelf out, placed it on a new piece of wood traced the slotted side and flipped it over and traced it again to give me slotted sides on both, I then cut it out and applied my own fleece type felt with a staple gun. It's not factory pretty but it stores my guns better. Hmm gets me thinking I need to partner with safe companies for a design your own interior concept.

Dukes Defense

Oct 2, 2012
    Costco always has battery powered LED motion lights. I really like the rope light idea but for now the battery powered motion works great.

I bought a set of the megabright LED battery powered motion sensor under cabinet lights from COSTCO today and put them in my safe. They work pretty well. The Auto On feature doesn't work well if there is too much ambient light. However, they works great if the room is dark. For $20, I think it was worth it . I do like the LED strip light idea better, but these lights will do for now.
    51bJJ9vNR4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

When COSTCO delivered my safe, even though they said curb side delivery, The driver took it off the truck and rolled it into my garage.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I bought a set of the megabright LED battery powered motion sensor under cabinet lights from COSTCO today and put them in my safe. They work pretty well. The Auto On feature doesn't work well if there is too much ambient light. However, they works great if the room is dark. For $20, I think it was worth it . I do like the LED strip light idea better, but these lights will do for now.
    51bJJ9vNR4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

When COSTCO delivered my safe, even though they said curb side delivery, The driver took it off the truck and rolled it into my garage.

My wife just bought me a few of these this morning . I will give everyone an update on how they work out.

I truly hope they can at least take it into my garage, I can definitely take it from there.

intobaitem

Jul 31, 2010
    Eastern Shore, MD
    What do you guys think about this? It would definitely give me more room in the safe.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005HH5UB0/ref=gno_cart_title_2
    Congrats on the new safe. I would wait until you get your safe before buying something like this. Reason being, some of the smaller safes have practically no clearance between the inside of the door and the shelf systems. The door on my safe when closed comes almost flush to my partition/shelf, making a hanging system like this unusable. I would have to use separate holsters, in certain places where they have clearance. Good luck!

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Congrats on the new safe. I would wait until you get your safe before buying something like this. Reason being, some of the smaller safes have practically no clearance between the inside of the door and the shelf systems. The door on my safe when closed comes almost flush to my partition/shelf, making a hanging system like this unusable. I would have to use separate holsters, in certain places where they have clearance. Good luck!

Thanks, good advice. The only thing I bought so far is a dry rod and some motion activated lights my wife bought from Costco. Delivery on the safe is 1-6 weeks :sad20: so I'll be waiting a while I'm sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom