• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    $419 seems a tad high for a police trade-in, but with the gun buying frenzy going on right now, it's hard to tell. What do you think, good price?

Looks like they have target sites and wood grips. My model 64 revolver from the group buy has (pretty amateur) ID engravings that may or may not affect the 'collector' value. I buy my guns to shoot, so minor imperfections don't bother me.

Here's the link if you are interested. They sure look purdy, but I'm afraid wifey will bankrupt me buying shoes if I buy this.

http://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/120578/c/used-firearms

Smith & Wesson Model 66 Police Trades
    Item Condition: Used

Photos represent the average condition of the collection. These revolvers have not seen much use since they were first issued and have been locked away in storage for the last ten years. Each one contains a set of wood grips as pictured.

Specifications:
    Model: 66-2
    Caliber: 357 Magnum

S&W_Model_66_used_1.png

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    That is a good price, but once you add FFL fee and shipping your at $500, which is a little high. Pre-Lock SW 357's keep increasing though, so If I saw this gun in a Md. shop, at $419, I would snap one up just for the hell of it!

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Taking the condition into consideration, $419.95 would be about max RETAIL price. Like JTTG said, $399.95 is the right retail price.

I think $419 is a decent price, not a great price. True, you'll pay shipping, but you won't pay sales tax. And according to the ad, they all come with the wood target grips which, if in decent condition, are worth $50-80 over the rubber grips a lot of these guns issued with to PDs.

EDIT: Oops, just noticed it says "free standard shipping on everything".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom