• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Friend of mine is BCPD and looking to buy a pistol for off duty CCW. We were down at a local range today trying out various pistols but the prices seemed fairly high. Basically list prices.

While I was checking out some of the Glock models I was unfamiliar with, I noticed a link to the Glock Blue Label program. https://us.glock.com/buy/blue-label-program

The store we were visiting didn’t know anything about it.

I was wondering if any of the dealers here or anyone else knew how the program worked. Does glock reimburse the dealer the discount? Do the dealers just price the gun higher to offset the discount?

Second question. Anyone care to comment on Glock G27 Compact .40 vs M&P Compact .40.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    IIRC, The Glock Blue Label program allows approved retailers to sell one glock per year to LEOs, Firefighters and GSSF members at near cost.

GSSF membership is open to anyone, but you won’t be eligible to buy until after the first year of membership.

aklax11

Jan 8, 2015
    I think the LGS just charges the blue label fee. No rebates or anything on the buyers part

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Both correct.
    Last time I checked (a few weeks ago) a blue label Glock 19 (3x10mags) was $525, but had to be special ordered.

songlaw

Aug 2, 2017
    Clarksville
    GSSF

IIRC, The Glock Blue Label program allows approved retailers to sell one glock per year to LEOs, Firefighters and GSSF members at near cost.

GSSF membership is open to anyone, but you won’t be eligible to buy until after the first year of membership.

If you join as 2-year GSSF member, you get a discount card right away. You can buy one gun a year at @$120-140 off their regular prices. This is for Glocks, only.

I got a couple of Glocks with the his discount from The Cop Shop, in Baltimore.

Little known fact: you are entitled to one discount per Calendar year. You can buy w/discount in November, and again in January. I confirmed with Glock. The Cop Shop initially told me that I had to wait a year from my prior purchase. I asked him to call Glock and confirm my info. He did. And sold me the second, at a discount. Call GSSF in January, and they will mail another discount card.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    See the web site for the cop shop, blue label prices and the list of those who are qualified. My wife bought her 33 for 398, a 43 for approx 350. Plus, plus, but that is the blue label price before state fees, locks,etc. my wife says they are very pleasant to deal with and when i have been with her, i found them verynice as well as helpful. I did think you could buy 2 per year, but they will tell you. There are also equivalent discount dealers for SW and sig, but i don’t know who they are.

JMR1121

Oct 3, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    I purchased my 19 through blue label at the Gun Shop on Eastern Avenue in Baltimore County.. Always has many blue label models in stock.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    GSSF, Worth a Shot - Millersville ( I heard Bmore is dangerous) my 27 was $425, 34 mos $585, etc. I believe some paperwork goes back to G and the annual coupon had to be attached to this for them to get the pricing. ?? This year my membership lapsed unknowingly, I called G and the nice lady told me this, we talked of wonderful MD (I swear she felt bad for “us”) and somehow I got 2 coupons for this year, it will have your name on it, the size of a credit card. Oh yeah, I told her we had to wait for the gen 5’s to be put on the MD handgun list, she was quite surprised about the states approval list. So, my second G may be a 10 mm for Xmas. ?

Tool, I like the G27 but converted it to 9mm since it is much cheaper to feed! No experience with the other you mention. Full disclosure- Many here do not care for my LGS but for some strange reason they like me.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Blue Labels have a blue label on the box to designate them for special sale. Regular commercial sale guns are red label, ban state (10rd mag) compliant guns are white label, and factory reconditioned guns are yellow label.

You can either order a Blue Label straight from Glock or buy one out of the inventory of a participating dealer.

Last I checked, it was two per year for LE/Mil/industry sales.

Both correct.
    Last time I checked (a few weeks ago) a blue label Glock 19 (3x10mags) was $525, but had to be special ordered.

Blue Label 19s are $398, of all generations, plus $10 shipping and sales tax from Glock. Dealers who stock them may charge more.

Dirty_Civilian

Apr 12, 2018
    Here
    I ordered a blue label 19 through a LGS. They told me it would be about 30 days, it's now past 60 days. Does it usually take this long?

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    I ordered a blue label 19 through a LGS. They told me it would be about 30 days, it's now past 60 days. Does it usually take this long?

I don't know about "usually"-- but I bought a Blue Label from TMGN late last winter. Nicole thought it would just be a couple of weeks but... it took 63 days. Sooo....there you go.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Some stores have blue lable in stock. A g33 last year, in stock ( for years) A g42, in stock, g43 when they rolled out, 30-45 days. My wife’s experience with the cop shop, now gone, i think. Discounts worth it. Cop shop bl prices were $399 on the 9s. U can look at their list, still on line. Wife wants to find new blue label dealer near city as well as try a late bld sig 365.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom