• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    good read:

She is also the lady who saved the Second Amendment — a scholar whose work helped make possible the Supreme Court’s landmark Heller decision, which in 2008 recognized an individual right to possess a firearm. “People used to ask, ‘How did a nice girl like you get into a subject like this?’” she says. “I’m not asked that anymore.” She smiles, a little mischievously. “Maybe they don’t think I’m a nice girl anymore.”

https://www.nationalreview.com/magazine/2018/03/29/the-nice-girl-who-saved-the-second-amendment/

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Thanks platoonDaddy. Great find. We need her in MD! Testifying before the MGA.

We do ... but that presumes that's she's wrong, and that those people wouldn't do exactly what she's previously experienced: take their anti-gun premises as a matter of faith, and denigrate her (and the history she reports on) just like Chuck Schumer did, for daring to report the facts.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    She’s a local gal, so yes, MSI should invite her to speak.

Imagine us with Dick Heller and Ms. Malcolm in the same room. We be Kings!

Last edited:

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Barnes and Noble marketplace has her book for a few bucks more than Amazon.
    https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/to...oyce-lee-malcolm/1122930820?ean=9780674893078

Known as the 2A Primer, Malcom's book should be on every freedom-lovers MUST read list. It was on mine after the Heller decision. Gura offered it as expert material proof.

To Keep and Bear Arms: The Origins of an Anglo-American Right

As is ...

Guns and Violence: The English Experience

For arguing with gun-grabbers who insist that the UK (and other disarmed British countries) are better off without a means of self-defense.

Malcolm offers a revealing comparison of the experience in England experience with that in the modern United States. Today Americans own some 200 million guns and have seen eight consecutive years of declining violence, while the English--prohibited from carrying weapons and limited in their right to self-defense have suffered a dramatic increase in rates of violent crime.

This timely and thought-provoking book takes a crucial step in illuminating the actual relationship between guns and violence in modern society.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Hard to believe but it’s true—2A as we know it was “that close” to a 4-5 vote if this single mother’s wanderlust and personal ambition hadn’t kicked in.

Think about that.

I’ve always felt it is a disgrace that SCOTUS votes are not 9-0 every time on every issue.

mickeyk9

Member Lives Matter
    Aug 18, 2011
    quantum spins
    Hard to believe but it’s true—2A as we know it was “that close” to a 4-5 vote if this single mother’s wanderlust and personal ambition hadn’t kicked in.

Think about that.

I’ve always felt it is a disgrace that SCOTUS votes are not 9-0 every time on every issue.
    It is rather amazing how we allow our adversaries to step inside our OODA while we vapor lock and admire problems... until the 11th hour when someone has to step up and act. Reminds me of my favorite verse from the good book.. "And the Lord said, 'Whom shall I send, who shall go for us?' And I said, 'Here am I, send me!'" - Isaiah 6:8

Freedom, rule of law, morality

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom