• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    It appears we may be at risk of losing our firewall in the Senate and White House against another of the anti's wet dream laws -

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/07/gop...-committee-will-hold-gun-control-hearing.html

The influential committee chairman said the panel will discuss "red flag" laws, passed in many U.S. states, that allow courts to take away firearms from suspected dangerous individuals after receiving warnings from police officers or family members.
    Graham, who has become a close ally of the president, said he and Trump had discussed the matter. He noted that there was "a lot of common ground" on aspects of the proposal.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/07/politics/lindsey-graham-gun-control-hearing/index.html

Graham -

"I haven't really looked at the House package, but this is to me the area where we can come together,"...

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...p-can-come-together-for-gun-confiscation-law/

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Is that a lot of power to hand a police officer? I mean, how much training is involved before being put on the job? Years or months?

No offense meant.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    We need to ensure they are aware that due process is key here.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Just like any other - confiscate first, let judge decide. There will be no penalties for wrong confiscation 'cause it will be based on good faith of the statements provided.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    If Republicans are going to be the party of "less government" (which I'd LOVE to support) they had better get started sometime soon.

For now, it looks like MORE government, MORE overreaching, MORE ********.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    If we are going to have red flag laws they should be focused on the person, not objects. Someone really believes Joe Smith is dangerous they should be able to ask for an emergency red flag hearing, appear before a judge or magistrate and present their reasons then have a warrant issued for Joe Smith, if warranted. Then the police can grab Joe Smith and give him an opportunity to defend himself. Maybe a psyche exam or whatever. If Joe Smith is actually dangerous than deal with him at that point. If the case wasn't begun in good faith or someone lied then prosecute them. It'd be great if we could catch nut cases before they go off the deep end but we need to protect everyone's due process rights.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Gun owners don't have due process rights 'cause they're dangerous... /sarcasm

Trump throws a bone in the form of Kavanaugh's nomination [which, by the way, we still don't know how he will stand on 2A cases as a justice], then throws us under the bus by saying "take guns early".

Yea, and then he asks for votes from 2A community. Sounds like a certain governor of a mid-Atlantic state...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

PJS

Heavy
    Feb 4, 2014
    Baltimore
    Why is anyone surprised when Republicans want to put more power in the hands of government? It's their core principle.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Carrrrrreeerfullllllllllllllll, you guys are going to upset the red meat crowd here.

All things Republican are perfectly fine and can be explained away in about 15 easy steps.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    If Red Flag Laws are truly for the good of society we should take cars , bats , matches and other deadly items from a so called crazy person. This Red Herring is all about guns nothing more or less.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    If Red Flag Laws are truly for the good of society we should take cars , bats , matches and other deadly items from a so called crazy person. This Red Herring is all about guns nothing more or less.

What he said.

Matches and access to fuels specifically. One can inflict a LOT of pain/death/damage with fire or an explosion.

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG

Surprise, Surprise.. anything to protect those in power from the citizens.. If it pleases the crown.. NRA supports the RED FLAG laws????

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    What he said.

Matches and access to fuels specifically. One can inflict a LOT of pain/death/damage with fire or an explosion.

Considering the worst mass murder in America besides 9/11 was the Happy Land Nightclub fire which was committed with a gallon of gasoline.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    As opposed to the democrats who would put CCTV and political officers in every living room if they could.
    Could be, I'm not supporting any Democrats. Just pointing out that the beloved R party is chock full of hypocrisy.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    If we are going to have red flag laws they should be focused on the person, not objects. Someone really believes Joe Smith is dangerous they should be able to ask for an emergency red flag hearing, appear before a judge or magistrate and present their reasons then have a warrant issued for Joe Smith, if warranted. Then the police can grab Joe Smith and give him an opportunity to defend himself. Maybe a psyche exam or whatever. If Joe Smith is actually dangerous than deal with him at that point. If the case wasn't begun in good faith or someone lied then prosecute them. It'd be great if we could catch nut cases before they go off the deep end but we need to protect everyone's due process rights.

And as I've said before, not to mention the sheer stupidity of the idea of calling a person an imminent threat, going to his house and humiliating and labeling him in front of his family and community as all of his guns are carted away in public view, and then just leaving him by himself with his car, his gas can, a million other improvised weapons, and driving off. It's like a veritable recipe for trouble.

If the powers that be really believed they were stopping dangerous people this would not be how they wrote the law. It's all one big sham to help the Cankle Cows feel happy for five minutes.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Could be, I'm not supporting any Democrats. Just pointing out that the beloved R party is chock full of hypocrisy.
    I answered the wrong quote.....

That PJS fella has the same initials as me, must be a Philip John.... or maybe a Paul James.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom