• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Can you tell us how much of our press release they quoted from?

They started out with "A MD firearms rights group, The Patriot Picket, is calling for immediate suspension of the newly enacted Red Flag bill after the death of a Ferndale man yesterday morning" and a few more lines from the release.

NatBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jan 4, 2012
    Baltimore
    I thing rather than a fiery protest, this should be a quiet candle light vigil honoring the passing of a Maryland citizen. Don't limit the location to Hogan's office. Find the closest legislature member that voted for the law and protest outside their home. Did this man's representative vote in favor? It needs to become personal for every member of the MGS. Not just Hogan.

Due process is a requirement, not an option. The perfect sound bite would also include a statement from the plantiff indicating they regret filing the petition, if indeed they actually do feel so.

Which is exactly what we did. It was a quiet and respectful vigil, with a prayer for Mr. Willis.

Afterwards we serenaded Lawnchair Larry, giving voice to the man who lost his life at the hands of the law that LL enacted.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• AD9890DA-E908-4B43-8423-623ACD8B1409.jpeg
      AD9890DA-E908-4B43-8423-623ACD8B1409.jpeg
      39.5 KB · Views: 305

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    To those who attended, I appreciate your honesty and efforts.

Part of me wants to say, it was too early. We need to first, like others have opined, find out more of the situation and the person. Then I asked, why would I want to know that first?

The truth of the matter is, why do we need to know who he was? To judge him? And determine if he is worthy of support?

The dangerous facet of liberty is that one man's freedom could be your gripe.

Your honesty to protect the very fundamental issue which seemed to have put officers in a precarious spot, leading to an necessary death.. it doesn't matter if there was video or if it ends up being a good shoot.. as much as it didn't need to happen in the first place. And that is why I understand the Patriot Picket was out there last night. I applaud your honesty to the cause.

If it comes out this victim was X, Y or Z... white, black, brown ... LGBTQ+.... this petition allows an event to get very out of hand ... this seems like "swatting" signed into law.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Much like the PP NRA demonstration, it was more to mourn the needless loss of life because of another ill conceived, feel good piece of legislation that could have been better if the MGA was truly interested in hearing from all the concerned parties involved during the writing of the law

Alas they did not care and a family now mourns the needless loss of a loved one.

NRA PP demonstration after the Orlando night club shooting last year.

Attachments

• 95DD8A24-9432-4166-A472-7A9AAAE07270.jpg
      95DD8A24-9432-4166-A472-7A9AAAE07270.jpg
      52.3 KB · Views: 311
    • 43112893-931E-47F9-B8DF-CA9D342F3DF0.jpg
      43112893-931E-47F9-B8DF-CA9D342F3DF0.jpg
      50.4 KB · Views: 330

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Part of me wants to say, it was too early. We need to first, like others have opined, find out more of the situation and the person. Then I asked, why would I want to know that first?

The truth of the matter is, why do we need to know who he was? To judge him? And determine if he is worthy of support?

Your honesty to protect the very fundamental issue which seemed to have put officers in a precarious spot, leading to an necessary death.. it doesn't matter if there was video or if it ends up being a good shoot.. as much as it didn't need to happen in the first place. And that is why I understand the Patriot Picket was out there last night. I applaud your honesty to the cause.

If it comes out this victim was X, Y or Z... white, black, brown ... LGBTQ+.... this petition allows an event to get very out of hand ... this seems like "swatting" signed into law.

There were several posts yesterday in this and the other thread in the WC and I got texts from several folks suggesting that we wait and get more info before putting our necks out for Mr. Willis. I responded to them like I will here; I don't care if this guy turns out to be Son of Sam 2.0, whoever he is and whatever he did or didn't do he deserved Due Process and that is what we were standing for last night.

May 19, 2016

I agree with you. The politicians who sponsor the legislation and gun grabbers are purposely putting people in harms way, and then when something happens they twist the story to fit a narrative and reduce people to statistics.

If it was a bad shoot it's "He should have followed the commands of the officers!" and if it was a "justified" shoot people would claim that "He was just the type of person that needed his guns removed."

That man may have been he person who pulled someone out of a burning building or gave the shirt off his back for someone else in need. But now we'll never know.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    All the bickering and insults. And only AOB was sent on a 30 day vacation to banned camp for asking people to show up to an event.

This is why I no longer regulalrly sign in, read every thread, and send donations to support MDS. I don’t enjoy the bickering, but let’s be honest. AOB did absolutely nothing wrong. He wasn’t attacking anyone personally. He was stating a fact. Apparently, a few members and a moderator here are just too thin-skinned to acknowledge the truth.

Kudos to those that were able to turn out on short
    notice. The quick mobilization and well organized response is why the PP message gets out on social media and even the television news. What have the whiners and naysayers accomplished recently?

NatBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jan 4, 2012
    Baltimore
    Good to hear from from you Gryp! I hope all is well.

I'm kind of leaning in the same direction. Getting really tired of the trolls and shit-stirrers on here, and the increasingly obvious double standard that exists. I am here for a good faith, civil dialogue with fellow gun owners, and lovers of our Constitution. Unfortunately there's precious little of it to be found here anymore.

I think what happened to AOB is instructive of this.

Last edited:

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Good to hear from from you Gryp! I hope all is well.

I'm kind of leaning in the same direction. Getting really tired of the trolls and shit-stirrers on here, and the increasingly obvious double standard that exists. I am here for a good faith, civil dialogue with fellow gun owners, and lovers of our Constitution. Unfortunately there's precious little of it to be found here anymore.

I think what happened to AOB is instructive of this.

Thanks fellas. I knew I couldn’t be the only one that feels this way. At least I know I am in good company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom