• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CBo

Feb 11, 2018
    Columbia
    I bought 2 for ar-15 last year, im going tomorrow hopefully its not too crowded. If i remember correctly, it was from a vendor in the smaller room, almost in the center of the room, close to the entrance. their spot was long, with tiny white cubbies with various magazines.

snakep

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Behind enemy lines...
    Got there around 10:00 this morning...parking no problem...$16 to get in plus toll road both ways looking at about $23 to walk in the door...ymmv...not very crowded...started at north hall on the right...the usual...bought some jerky...I was not looking for anything in particular, but was interested to see if there were any Mossberg 590A1's about...there were not...lots of overpriced Maverick 88's and a few 500's at around $400 (too high, in my view..can get new/good used ones on GB for less). A couple of plain 590's...no A1s. Saw several new 590Ms...overpriced and who would want to carry around those mags anyway? Lots of Remington 870s. Some ammo prices looked semi-reasonable. Glock 17 mags were around $24 each when you could spot them. One guy told me Marylanders swooped in on Friday and bought them all from him. Crowd was heavier around noon. All in all, an ok show, but frankly, besides standard capacity Glock mags, the show was pretty average....it's a long way to go for just some tasty jerky.

P.s. Gym Ratz was there and I got to meet John...he mentioned he's looking to open a location in MoCo, maybe Germantown...

Last edited:

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    It was worth the trip for me. Got some supplies and 2 spare magazines for the Sig P365, and was tempted by several C&R pieces.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Take the road to Dulles airport, then connect to 28 from there. No toll and can be faster if traffic is heavy.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    I was there about 10:30 today. Pretty slow compared to past shows. I wasn't bumping my way through the aisles. There were a few empty tables too. Noticeably the veterans who make the nice wooden flags on the far right were not there.

I found the Lancer mags I was looking for and noticed almost all the vendors had Gen 2 pmags for $10 a piece. Last show they varied by a couple dollars. Not today.

I also noticed much more vendor aggressiveness. Not the normal, "Hi let me know if you need help." Much more in your face buy buy buy.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    $16 + time to drive + NoVA traffic = no way Jose...

Might go to one show later...if I need mags

Ill probably be more likely to go to York, I think the one coming up is the big one. Never fails to please and I always walk out with something nice. Need a Ruger TD 10/22 and some other stuff.

https://gunshowtrader.com/gun-shows/york-gun-and-knife-show/

Ive had some good times at Chantilly and walked out with some great stuff. Just more pain to get to and park than worth.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I saw a matching (except for the magazine) Soviet SVD with matching scope there today. It was considerably overpriced at 20K but at least the guy was nice enough to let me inspect it. It was well worn but had a nice patina. He seemed nervous the whole time I was looking at it, like I would scratch it...…..even every single square inch already had scratches! He was also adamant that I not work the action. That might add wear you know! It was an early model with pinched action cover, gloss black scope and three hole handguards. Very nice!

Doitsouthstyle

Apr 4, 2012
    Baltimore County
    Any body take notice to the out the door $299.95 Turkish made shotguns? Me and my dad ended up walking out with one of the double action (semi-auto/ pump action) overall the gun seems nice did a little research when got home and they were close out sale but price paid match website advertisement.

Attachments

• FBD1DB5E-612C-41E6-932B-54317EAA7C6B.jpg
      FBD1DB5E-612C-41E6-932B-54317EAA7C6B.jpg
      71.4 KB · Views: 304
    • 7AE8AEA4-3BA4-40BC-9675-21CAFF80B886.jpg
      7AE8AEA4-3BA4-40BC-9675-21CAFF80B886.jpg
      90.5 KB · Views: 338
    • FA8F4856-BEC5-4888-9DB7-8FBA52B155E5.jpg
      FA8F4856-BEC5-4888-9DB7-8FBA52B155E5.jpg
      99.8 KB · Views: 350
    • 875B4C53-C089-431F-9523-3A90EE50916B.jpg
      875B4C53-C089-431F-9523-3A90EE50916B.jpg
      106 KB · Views: 319

herkybird72

2A Defender
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2011
    Freedomland,NC
    Any body take notice to the out the door $299.95 Turkish made shotguns? Me and my dad ended up walking out with one of the double action (semi-auto/ pump action) overall the gun seems nice did a little research when got home and they were close out sale but price paid match website advertisement.

I appreciate you have the mandatory “feet in the photo” :) Seriously IMHOP nice piece for the price.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I did stop in the show on Sunday, and took the occasion to buy a pile of mags I can't get in Marylandistan. By the time the dust settled, it was about a wash up against shipping them in to a friend in VA and burning the same gas and social capital to wrap things up. Otherwise, the show didn't do much for me. Did three laps and didn't see Gym Ratz, so that was frustrating (but probably better for my finances). Maybe John had already packed it in by Sunday afternoon. Otherwise, I suppose if I'd needed a rifle bag or some Magpul furniture, etc., there is something to be said about being able to paw through the physical goods. Before my eyes glazed over looking at prices, I saw almost no reason to buy ammo on the spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom