• Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    A house just came up for sale in Louisville. It's about halfway between Eldersburg and Gamber. Really nice house on 3+ acres! Close to everything and not too far out. Close to Liberty Lake too. Used to belong to a friend, the late Sam Poole, he really put a lot of work into building such a nice home and it shows! ReMax realty, realtor is Vincent Damico phone : 410-540-3500.

The home is located at 2060 Bollinger Mill Rd. Finksburg.

It will not last very long at the price they are asking.

Yeah we were looking at that. I've always heard Sam's was one of the best processors around, but for us, we'd have no use for the outbuildings.

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    I think the schools in Southern Carroll are on par with Northern Howard. As stated, the difference is teachers pay though. I have a coworker that moved south out of Carroll for the schools and actually says their kids were much happier in Carroll. ymmv

cww

Jan 28, 2010
    there is a house or lot FS off of White Rock Rd right now and there is one on Linton Rd also, Eldersburg/Sykesville zip

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    brief update: my home sold in three days, and we've been to every house for sale in CC that we're interested in, and only one is a possibility. It's on the border of being too far of a drive, but I'm coming around to the idea. We also like a property just over the line into Frederick by Mt. Airy, but it's real close to the tracks and 70. What can you guys tell me about the tracks and train traffic out that way, and also Frederick vs Carroll schools? Any insight would be appreciated.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    brief update: my home sold in three days, and we've been to every house for sale in CC that we're interested in, and only one is a possibility. It's on the border of being too far of a drive, but I'm coming around to the idea. We also like a property just over the line into Frederick by Mt. Airy, but it's real close to the tracks and 70. What can you guys tell me about the tracks and train traffic out that way, and also Frederick vs Carroll schools? Any insight would be appreciated.

I feel your pain on the new house search. Looked at tons(different area though). Result is a "possibility" or 2. Nothing to write home about... :shrug:

cww

Jan 28, 2010
    What can you guys tell me about the tracks and train traffic out that way, and also Frederick vs Carroll schools? Any insight would be appreciated.

we live within 2 miles of the tracks and only hear them if awake and not bad. my mom is within a mile and they don't seem to bother her either.

schools, it all depends on which school you'd be funneled to, some better than others depending on the clientele

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    the house in Frederick is 13728 old national pike. I'm talking 600' to the tracks... really thinking this is a solid no.

Elementary School: TWIN RIDGE
    Middle School: WINDSOR KNOLLS
    High School: Linganore?

tourrider

Grumpy
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 9, 2009
    Corry, PA
    the house in Frederick is 13728 old national pike. I'm talking 600' to the tracks... really thinking this is a solid no.

Here's a place near taylorsville.

2446 Braddock Rd,
    Mount Airy, MD 21771
    3 beds 3 baths 2,160 sqft on 2 acres

$369,900

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

cww

Jan 28, 2010

600' is too close for my tastes. That's 4 of my driveway lengths. Mandatory 3 whistle blows when crossing a road and them wheels can have piercing squeals when up close and rolling. Wouldn't be surprised if you could feel it go by in the house.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

I have a client in Silver Spring where her house backs up to the railroad tracks. We cannot hear each other talk inside the house when a Metro train is going by.

I have run into the train crossing the tracks several times in our 5 years here when I go down to downtown Sykesville or I enter into Carroll County via 97 or 94. With that said, the coach of my son's little league lives about the same distance from the tracks as you describe, but on the HoCo side. I will try to remember to ask him how often the trains come by and how loud they are.

This in Carroll County is pretty nice.

https://www.redfin.com/MD/Sykesvill..._campaign=listings_update&utm_source=myredfin

Only drawbacks to me are:

1) Not in my kids' school district
    2) HOA
    3) lot size

Wish I could find something like this on 2+ acres in my kids' school district for $600k.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    One of my neighbors is moving so, a newer ranch style house will be coming up for sale soon. It is located off Old Liberty Rd. between the bridges on the south side.

cww

Jan 28, 2010
    I will try to remember to ask him how often the trains come by and how loud they are.

pretty frequently. I get stopped at least a few times a month between the three crossings at Sykesville main street, Gaither, and 97

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    One of my neighbors is moving so, a newer ranch style house will be coming up for sale soon. It is located off Old Liberty Rd. between the bridges on the south side.

Hello future neighbor. My wife and I bought the lot that went up for sale there last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom