• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    I was waiting for my ccw to renew and wasn’t going to buy a new handgun until it did. But then i ordered a custom belt and holster For my G43. With the renewal, i figure if i did get something new, it might be a G43x as it will fit the holster and i can get blue label pricing. I know some of you have switched to the 43x. I am a 43 fan. How do you all like the 43x for cc. If i did buy something other than the x, it would be the 365 which i have shot a lot and like and it fits Securely in 43 holsters with an open top.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    The grip on the X is a half inch longer, but can carry 15 rounds. I have a 43, I'm looking for a 43X.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    I have a 43x and p365. Can’t go wrong with the 43x and SA mags. I had a new 43 and quickly sold it before even firing it.

LongRanger300

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 14, 2020
    I’m facing the 43x and 365 dilemma as well. I’ve fired the 43 and the 48. I’m hitting the range tomorrow I’ll see if I can get my hands on a 43x and a 365 to test out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I’m facing the 43x and 365 dilemma as well. I’ve fired the 43 and the 48. I’m hitting the range tomorrow I’ll see if I can get my hands on a 43x and a 365 to test out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The X is basically the 48 with shorter barrel. I haven't fired one, but don't think there could be much of a difference at self defense distances.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I was waiting for my ccw to renew and wasn’t going to buy a new handgun until it did. But then i ordered a custom belt and holster For my G43. With the renewal, i figure if i did get something new, it might be a G43x as it will fit the holster and i can get blue label pricing. I know some of you have switched to the 43x. I am a 43 fan. How do you all like the 43x for cc. If i did buy something other than the x, it would be the 365 which i have shot a lot and like and it fits Securely in 43 holsters with an open top.

I would never carry a gun in a holster made for a different gun.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    I would never carry a gun in a holster made for a different gun.

Normally i would not. But my wife has a 365 and i have a 43 and excepting shoulder holsters with a retention strap i am remembering from last attempt the 365 fits nicely in a kydex. Retention, trigger. Regardless, if i bought a 365, which i doubt i will, i would spring for a holster made for it.

notagolfr

Jun 21, 2020
    Millersville
    I carry my 43X, it's a great size compared to the 43 because you can actually hold on to it. Grip could potentially print a little more if you're skinny or wear tight clothes but it's significantly easier to conceal than a 19.

lhuhxWY.jpg

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I carry my 43X, it's a great size compared to the 43 because you can actually hold on to it. Grip could potentially print a little more if you're skinny or wear tight clothes but it's significantly easier to conceal than a 19.

lhuhxWY.jpg

I feel very confident with my 43, I’ve added this baseplate which doesn’t add any length but definitely helps. If I was going to switch to any other CCW it would be a 365. I’m not a fan of aftermarket mags re:43X for additional capacity.

https://www.geeplate.com/

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Today carrying a G33 in OWB kydex under a black, untucked, shirt. Invisible. But very short grip. Jon, i am with you on liking the 43 and not the after market mags. Tried tartan mags and returned them.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Today carrying a G33 in OWB kydex under a black, untucked, shirt. Invisible. But very short grip. Jon, i am with you on liking the 43 and not the after market mags. Tried tartan mags and returned them.

With the price of ammo I’m thinking about carrying a 22LR. There’s a heavy price for shooting someone, but at today’s prices it’s even more so...

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie

lhuhxWY.jpg
    That butt edge printing can be eliminated with a forward cant to get it in line with your side center line. I have no issues being fat and wearing what I consider a tight shirt over it.

Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    I have fired both the 43x, 48, and the P365. 43x is a fine pistol as is the 365. I own a 48 not because it was better that the others but because it's what I prefer.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    That butt edge printing can be eliminated with a forward cant to get it in line with your side center line. I have no issues being fat and wearing what I consider a tight shirt over it.

I am going to try a forward cant. The pancake i ordered required it from a design perspective. Guess will need to get used to it as my holsters are no cant. i can see how a forward cant would help with a longer grip on an x.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I am going to try a forward cant. The pancake i ordered required it from a design perspective. Guess will need to get used to it as my holsters are no cant. i can see how a forward cant would help with a longer grip on an x.
    Also sliding it more forward to the 2 o'clock or so position helps as well because it is parallel with the front quarter of your body.
    If your belly button is noon and your side is 3 o'clock, slide it to within that quarter so the the butt bottom is forward of that 3 mark.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Also sliding it more forward to the 2 o'clock or so position helps as well because it is parallel with the front quarter of your body.
    If your belly button is noon and your side is 3 o'clock, slide it to within that quarter so the the butt bottom is forward of that 3 mark.

Thanks. I will try that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom