• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigkach

May 20, 2020
    Reisterstown
    Got myself my first gun. Couldn’t be picky during these times and ended up getting a shield 2.0. Hoping to take it shooting this week.
    b717c7af561e9d199425af28f0384819.jpg

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    The most important part is: you got a gun! Congrats. Safety safety safety before anything else, and then have fun! Don't worry, a CZ will follow you home soon. I mean, what good is having that Shield if you can't defend it with another gun, right?

Bigkach

May 20, 2020
    Reisterstown
    The most important part is: you got a gun! Congrats. Safety safety safety before anything else, and then have fun! Don't worry, a CZ will follow you home soon. I mean, what good is having that Shield if you can't defend it with another gun, right?

Definitely focusing on safety. Carrying around the house and planning on carrying at work so that will drill gun safety and properly holstering gun.

A cz is definitely in the future just gotta wait for these prices to drop.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Like others have said congrats but Safety ,safety,safety always comes first. Learn the 4 rules when handling firearms, then train and build up the mussel memory to use the firearm safely in defense of yourself and your family. I personally would take it dissemble it to make sure its clean, then add gun oil to the parts that require it then reassemble the firearm. You can always ask how to clean a firearm and oil it here at MDS. Practice a lot of dry fire aka no ammo drawing and shooting at a target center mass aka the heart or chest area. Remember you are not shooting to kill a person but to STOP THE THREAT To you and your family. Learn the laws on using said firearm as well and finishing up CONGRATS and shoot the heck out of it and have fun!

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Congratulations on purchasing your first handgun. As the others have said, think about getting some training on handgun safety as well as taking care of your handgun. The NRA course on handguns for beginner's is a good place to start. I took it many years ago and it was very helpful. I am sure you will enjoy shooting your new handgun. Report back and let us know how you are doing.

Cal68

Apr 30, 2020
    MoCo
    I have a shield 2.0 EZ and the CZP10 C. Both are great guns but as you know the inventory is tough now. I am hoping it gets better but with the election coming up, supply chain may be tight until 2021. took a couple extra safety courses and a range instruction course. Really helped me

Bigkach

May 20, 2020
    Reisterstown
    I have a shield 2.0 EZ and the CZP10 C. Both are great guns but as you know the inventory is tough now. I am hoping it gets better but with the election coming up, supply chain may be tight until 2021. took a couple extra safety courses and a range instruction course. Really helped me

Safety class is definitely happening. The range I became a member at has some. Just all sold out at the moment

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I’ve got 2 M&P’s and love them both. Great guns, you will not be disappointed. Be safe and enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Got myself my first gun. Couldn’t be picky during these times and ended up getting a shield 2.0. Hoping to take it shooting this week.
    b717c7af561e9d199425af28f0384819.jpg

I really like my shield 2.0, I got one with the safety. It is surprisingly accurate. Took it out this weekend. Shot my HD rounds and some plinking rounds.

Bigkach

May 20, 2020
    Reisterstown
    I really like my shield 2.0, I got one with the safety. It is surprisingly accurate. Took it out this weekend. Shot my HD rounds and some plinking rounds.

They had one with a safety but since I’m carrying at work I wanted to have it ready at a moments notice.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I have a safety on my M&P 2.0 and hate it. I know it can be removed, just haven’t done it yet.

Bigkach

May 20, 2020
    Reisterstown
    I have a safety on my M&P 2.0 and hate it. I know it can be removed, just haven’t done it yet.

I shot the ez with a safety and I kept engaging the safety after I shot. Probably was user error but that turned me off of a external safety on such a small gun.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Shield is a great pistol, I am sure you will be happy with it.

As others have said, get some training. You should have gone over training opportunities and safety rules in the HQL course. If you are exempt I would still suggest training courses.

TD

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Congrats and welcome to the club. The shield won’t be your last pistol and it will always hold fond memories for you.

Train, train and train some more in a deliberate safe manner. IMO, this is more important than building the collection

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Echo miles 71. Shield is a great pistol. I have the std, older model and liked it a lot. Read the trigger on the 2.0 is better. Had the shield 45 that has the same rough grip and sanded the port side of the grip for carry against bare skin. Do yourself a favor and get a solid holster that allows reholstering without the top collapsing and maintains the gun securely. Don’t scrimp on the holster. Have fun with this gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom