• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Can anyone provide any additional information regarding the St Charles Sportsman's Club? I have read the information on the website and I have seen the contact email. But word of mouth advertising is the best. Have they started work on the outside rifle range? Is there any idea regarding the distance of the range. Are the yearly dues require in one lump sum or can it be spread out over the year after the initial $325.00? Seems the county sheriff uses the indoor range quite a bit on the weekdays? What are the range hours?

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    Can anyone provide any additional information regarding the St Charles Sportsman's Club? I have read the information on the website and I have seen the contact email. But word of mouth advertising is the best. Have they started work on the outside rifle range? Is there any idea regarding the distance of the range. Are the yearly dues require in one lump sum or can it be spread out over the year after the initial $325.00? Seems the county sheriff uses the indoor range quite a bit on the weekdays? What are the range hours?

I'll do my best to help.

Dues - Dues are due the first Wednesday of March (today/tonight - March 6th) for our 'calendar' year. (Our year runs first Wednesday in April, 'till March.)
    Dues are payable in one lump sum. No monthly payments/installments (that I've ever been aware of. I've been a member since July, 1983.)

Rifle range - We're working with the County on getting a "special exception" to build the range, on the new property in Welcome.
    (Our old range existed in our previous location, since the early '70s.)

Yes, the Sheriff's Dept. uses the indoor range for training/qualifications, but, I don't know exactly what their schedule is.
    Someone else will have to give you the days/dates/times that the range is open. (It is staffed by volunteers, and not open every day.)

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Ok, Thanks. I'm really a rifle guy, though I do have pistols. I see the event calendar, seems to be open only on two days of the week. So does the club seem likely to obtain the "Special exception" or is that still an unknown factor? What time do the meetings start?

byf43

I don't have any information on the status of the special exception, at all.

I just know that the process is in the works.

Meetings start at 7:00 p.m., on the first Wednesday of the month at the club hall.

Inspector1489

Ultimate Member
    May 27, 2016
    FL panhandle
    Got this today if you know someone that would be interested:

LADIES NIGHT AT THE GUN RANGE HOSTED BY THE St. Charles Sportsman's Club www.stcharlessc.com
    Want to learn to shoot a handgun safely?
    Forgot how to shoot a handgun?
    Haven't been to the range in a long time?
    Now is the time to get started!

Instructors and Range Safety Officers will be there to help you.
    .22 Handguns & Ammunition Provided

Thursday, March 21 6PM to 9PM Middleton Hall 4045 Renner Road Waldorf, MD To RSVP please an email to Michelle Klein at scscevent@gmail.com
    $10 Fee for non-SCSC members

Attachments

• SCSC Ladies Night 03212019.pdf
      78.4 KB · Views: 126

byf43

Got this today if you know someone that would be interested:

LADIES NIGHT AT THE GUN RANGE HOSTED BY THE St. Charles Sportsman's Club www.stcharlessc.com
    Want to learn to shoot a handgun safely?
    Forgot how to shoot a handgun?
    Haven't been to the range in a long time?
    Now is the time to get started!

Instructors and Range Safety Officers will be there to help you.
    .22 Handguns & Ammunition Provided

Thursday, March 21 6PM to 9PM Middleton Hall 4045 Renner Road Waldorf, MD To RSVP please an email to Michelle Klein at scscevent@gmail.com
    $10 Fee for non-SCSC members

Key words........... "Ladies Night"

GRANNYT

MDS Supporter
    Mar 8, 2013
    Southern MD
    I am not a novice, but my shooting buddy, my youngest son, moved to Texas a couple of years ago and I really miss the companionship at the range. I only go once or twice a year by myself. I sure would love the practice. I have a friend that's been wanting to learn so I will pass this along to her, also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom