• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    When did you buy all the components, and when did you assemble them?
    Bought the lower during the “panic” buy. If I remember, people were waiting 30+ day before MD “allowed” people to get them after the paperwork. Probably before the 10/01/2013 law.

I bought the upper separately.

pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    If it's not an HBAR , it's not Md legal , and can't be offered in MDS Classifieds . ( At least not as a complete rifle . )

Can be sold out of state as complete rifle
    Either thru or to an FFL .
    If convenient to you , you could bring it to gun show in Chantilly , Fredericksburg , Gettysburg , York , etc , with a sign of " AR-15 for Sale " . Subsequent sale would have to go thru an FFL per federal law .

Or offer for sale here ( or otherwise in Md ) as seperate Upper and Lower . Lower would have to go through 77R process , Upper unregulated cash & carry .
    Just a silly question and not seeking legal advice. But just asking, don’t have to answer it if you don’t want.

Would it be illegal to sell my lower to a buyer at the full gun price and then sell the upper to them for $1? Wonder if violates any forum rules as well as any laws.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Just a silly question and not seeking legal advice. But just asking, don’t have to answer it if you don’t want.

Would it be illegal to sell my lower to a buyer at the full gun price and then sell the upper to them for $1? Wonder if violates any forum rules as well as any laws.
    I don't see how it would. You are free to charge whatever price you see fit. Both halves of that gun should be separate ads to be on the up and up. IANAL

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom