• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Well , disincentivising the widespread traditional client base . Remains to be seen if they can find/ create a different client base instead . Good for them if they can .

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I'm not worried about showing an ID to get in. I got a fake ID from the same guy I bought my Glawk Forty from on North Ave at 2AM. He admired my determination and made me a doctor.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    I am guessing their business model is to be high end source. By the way, just so you know they don't just card you when you enter they make a copy of your drivers license whether you buy or don't buy. However, they swear your PI will be safe with them.
    Here is a YouTube video, in case you are curious of what the place is like and don't want them to have your PI:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69zNbHB5L1A

Squaregrouper's youtube comment....lololol

Not my style. I wear dirty boots. Wish them the best.

Benny

Feb 20, 2019
    I drive by Urbana a few times a month and usually stop at the Dunkin Donuts for coffee at the same strip mall. I’ve been curious about this shop, so I popped in for just a few moments recently. The people working were friendly enough. There was sign saying that they check ids, but I was not asked for mine. I would have walked out if I had been. I didn’t stay long enough to look at anything too closely. There was a lot of fancy wood and lighting. I had that uncomfortable feeling that I was underdressed, which is odd because I was in a gun shop. Like others have said, more gun shops are better than less. I wish them well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    hmmm...

2021-07-22_010954.jpg

CelticBiggie

Mar 26, 2016
    That videos comments are funny. Someone calls them out for poor trigger discipline at the 58 second mark. And the defense is “his finger isn’t touching the trigger”.

It’s clearly IN the trigger guard

sclag22

Jan 9, 2013
    Fred Co.
    From the look of the video, kinda seems like they were inspired by a colion noir gun review. Very cool for a private collection or for a James Bond movie, but I feel like not how I'd want to buy a gun. I dunno. It could be cool though.

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    Would that be the Dobre Brothers? In the Urbana area, that is who would fit that "profile". I see those guys around all the time and haven't seen them do anything out of line. Even with those cars I never see them speeding or acting like fools. Actually very cordial from some of the interactions they've had with people I know and seen first hand.

hmm..

Meet the Maryland Brothers Who Get 10 Million YouTube Hits a Day
    The Dobre brothers are looking to take over your social media feed.
    the group is kind of a like a back-flipping, prank-pulling, Maryland-resident male version of the Kardashians.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Huh . Since the Kardashian sisters exist as a phenomenon solely on the basis of T&A , I didn't think a male version could be a thing .

ZIMW

Jul 12, 2021
    You guys

I’m the Videographer who filmed this video, created it, and came up with the video Idea. The only thing you guys have done besides some of you actually drop some nice comments is hate. HATE on a kid whose 26 who wanted to follow his dream and passion of opening up a gun shop and you guys want to dog him and just non stop talk about the ID’s. Listen I don’t know the back story but instead of hating and creating an opinion based off of not even walking in the store then just don’t go. Just keep the comments to yourself you know? Thank you for the kind comments about the actual video. Took me almost 20 hours of edit time to throw together... and whoever commented on the music... the music makes the entire video. It’s a remixed version.. it’s suppose to be different yet hip. Again thank you to everyone in this forum who disliked my hard work because you’re mad about ID’s being scanned and the original violin not being in the song. Yikes....

ZIMW

Jul 12, 2021
    Oh one last thing.

I’m personal friends with the owner and met all the staff. To the majority of you.. I don’t know if this forum helps you escape reality but the hating is just down right disgusting. The kids 26 with money in the bank from all the hard work he’s put in. He drives a Lamborghini that he obtained from WORKING HARD. None of you can honestly say you know him so to cop some opinion about the kid just goes to show you I guess you’re a bit jealous? I don’t know.. not everyone lives the same life as you.. has the same tastes.. etc that’s why it’s called an OPINION. To everyone talking about how it’s nice and it’s aimed at the upity that’s just down right wrong. But hey if you feel like your style is more like the Walmart Gun Counter or the hole in the wall down by the creek close to grandmas house then go there. All I know is that this gun shop is bad ass... the video is bad ass.. and to the people who have been hating... y’all live under a rock. That’s why you’re on this forum taking the time to really be cruel individuals. A MD Gun forum ... jeesh.

ZIMW

Jul 12, 2021
    But for the rare % of you who are kind

To the people who are some what decent on here and actually know how to give credit when credit is due... If you liked the video and want to see some of my other work or follow my social media page..

Check out my links down below.

https://linktr.ee/Johnzimwerman

DON’T WORRY. THE LINK WON’T STEAL ANY INFORMATION OR COPY YOUR RECENT SEARCH HISTORY.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Working hard enough to own a Lamborghini at age 26 is a good trick. One wonders about the nature of his job.

Professional nice video work, even if you don't know from Sicilian folk music.

You miss the basic point, though. It's not your video skills that sparked the local disfavor; it's our being sick and tired of having to knuckle under to ID ******** just to enter a store. Many here have been struggling against the state and its truly vile treatment of honest civilians who wish to bear arms, and feel that an establishment that goes out of its way to impede and infringe by demanding ID for entrance - a course of action unique in the state - is no friend of the honest and upstanding gun owner. It's insulting, in fact.

While they have the right to handle their business their way, we have the right to object, to take offense, and to call them out here in this forum.

So, like I said, nice video, with caveats. But that was never the point.

Anyway, thanks for posting. Standing up for your friends is an admirable quality.

ZIMW

Jul 12, 2021
    Well thanks but my point isn’t even on the video. My point is all the hate that’s going on in this forum post. The owner is a YouTube celebrity in a sense to a majority of the kids in that area. If you have kids I guarantee they watch him and his brothers. The owner would bend over backwards for anyone... Open arms to any of his employees and customers. I get that the ID thing gets yall.. I moved from Maryland a year ago and I know how hard it is to get guns etc but I just don’t understand the hate. The gun shop is doing fine.. trust me. The amount of Red for sale signs hanging all over the place proves that.. The plans they have in the future are unlike any in that entire area yet alone Maryland in general.. just wait.. because when all of y’all see it you can remember when you posted some BS in this forum. Anyways.. Wanted to throw my 2 cents in and give a real side and a REAL opinion since I’ve been part of this project and have witnessed so much with my own 2 eyes.

Give it a chance if you want, If not then simply just don’t go in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom