• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Choppin

Coming in hot
    Jun 22, 2020
    Fern-Dizzle
    Many of us know each other. There will be an upcoming gathering in Sept/Oct. Lots of good people here. Even those of us who go at each other’s throats sometimes will sit, break bread, and laugh about it.

Link to the meet-up.

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=246281

Since I’m a n00b I’m not privy to access that page. I would love to hang out, cut it up with experienced gun enthusiasts and learn, I’ll even wear a shirt with my user name

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Since I’m a n00b I’m not privy to access that page. I would love to hang out, cut it up with experienced gun enthusiasts and learn, I’ll even wear a shirt with my user name ��

LOL. Sorry. You’ll see it once you hit 50 posts. There is also a thread around here for buying MDS name tags, for when you’re stuck here.

kolohekanaka

Jul 23, 2017
    Howard County, MD
    Hello everyone! Hope someone here can help me out: I've been wanting to buy an AR for quite a while. I'm still learning about the laws in Md. I live in Baltimore City and everywhere I look is gets more and more confusing. Recently started looking for info. on what are the requirements for an AR rifle. I was checking the Black Anchor website and learned that they have an "Md Compliant" section which I thought would help me to understand better but found myself in square one efter a friend (who bought a shotgun at some ***** gun shop) told me that the shop in ((here in Baltimore) told him he need a license for a long gun (AR-15). Then somebody else told me all I need is the 30 mins. background check. I don't want to throw the shop nor my friend under the bus so, can someone help this future AR buyer before going out and look like a stupid? Any info. will be appreciated.
    Fulton Armory manufactures high-end AR-15s. Their factory is located in Savage, MD. Unfortunately, they don't have a brick and mortar showroom but you can browse their inventory online for complete rifles or build-your-own parts. And of course they can answer your questions about laws pertaining to AR-15 ownership in Maryland.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Not for a 10.5" SBR/Pistol. I don't think I would do a middy on a 12.5" either.
    As it was explained to me(by SkiPatrolDude maybe?) that a 12.5" middie has the same dwell time as does a 10.5" carbine. Kind of a wash.

Not at all. Many are still carbine length. Midlength has some definate advantages, a little softer shooting, a little more "reliable" some say....but I'll take a carbine length any day with no worries.
    The 14.5" mid gas barrel was developed for the military to soften the shot impulse felt when shooting the higher powered NATO 5.56 round. Unfortunately, civilian applications can run into reliability problems when shooting 'lighter' ammo, because of its shorter dwell time. Results can be hit or miss.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

Attachments

• boobys.jpg
      boobys.jpg
      96.8 KB · Views: 220

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    All this 12.5” mid length talk that i’ve read here and elsewhere has me worried.

I’m building two 12.5” uppers and the one I bought in 6.8spc has a mid length gas system. I just ordered the gas block which was the last piece i needed for the 6.8spc. As soon as it comes in I’ll head out to the range and see how it works. :o

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    All this 12.5” mid length talk that i’ve read here and elsewhere has me worried.

I’m building two 12.5” uppers and the one I bought in 6.8spc has a mid length gas system. I just ordered the gas block which was the last piece i needed for the 6.8spc. As soon as it comes in I’ll head out to the range and see how it works. :o

The 12.5 is a different build than the 6.8?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Sorry, two different 12.5” builds. One is a 6.8 with a mid length and the other is 556 with a carbine gas system.

I wouldn't worry. My 10.5 SBR gobbles up everything I feed it, including reloads.
    I know nothing about the 6.8, but isn't that a high power round? I'm assuming you're barrel is at least 16" right? I wouldn't worry.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I wouldn't worry. My 10.5 SBR gobbles up everything I feed it, including reloads.
    I know nothing about the 6.8, but isn't that a high power round? I'm assuming you're barrel is at least 16" right? I wouldn't worry.

Its a 12.5” barrel, and yeah the 6.8 has a little more gas in the tank so to speak. Hopefully everything will be good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom