• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Any thoughts on both? Schuyler arms has a complete KAK AR-15 carbine buffer tube assembly for $25 and I think it is $7 shipping, which is several bucks cheaper than anywhere else for a complete buffer tube assembly. Most seem to about $40-50 and pretty much no free shipping anywhere, so closer to $50 when all is said and done.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I've purchased two KAK tubes and shockwave blades from Schuyler, good to go. They have the best prices by far. Love those guys!

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Any thoughts on both? Schuyler arms has a complete KAK AR-15 carbine buffer tube assembly for $25 and I think it is $7 shipping, which is several bucks cheaper than anywhere else for a complete buffer tube assembly. Most seem to about $40-50 and pretty much no free shipping anywhere, so closer to $50 when all is said and done.

That is a good price. Is it in stock and ready to ship? I haven't dealt with this supplier.

troyirving

Aug 1, 2016
    Hagerstown-ish

I've ordered tons of stuff from Schuyler. I've had one problem with an item there (upper was out of spec or something) and he had no problem exchanging it. They were actually out of what I ordered so he replaced it with a more expensive item. He even price matched a part for my VZ2008. Great service and a great guy that owns the place.

I've bought two of the KAK carbine buffer tubes assemblies, one for my brothers rifle and one for my cousins rifle, and both work great. Definitely get one if you need a buffer kit

That is a good price. Is it in stock and ready to ship? I haven't dealt with this supplier.

If it doesn't say "contact for availability" or out of stock then it is good to go. As said above I've ordered from Schuyler before multiple times and have had nothing but great experiences. He'll usually ship things out the next day.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Well I actually went with Schuyler's carbine buffer tube and M4 stock combo. $30 with $7 for shipping. It could be crap, but they sound like they are stand-up so I am hoping decent quality. Excellent change I'll swap out the stock at some point but I am looking for the cheapest build I can get without it being total trash.

So long as the buffer and tube work well I figured I paid $5 for a stock to use for some number of months before it becomes a spare.

I want an OD green setup, but I also want it done properly at some point with matching furniture (I actually like the two tone look of upper, lower and barrel being black. Stock, grip and handguard OD green). Same reason I am leaning towards and Anderson 20" HBAR upper w/o BCG. I've heard decent things about them and it is $265 for the barreled upper and then I just need a BCG. Later I can change the black plastic handguard for a nice OD green aluminum FF handguard when I swap the stock and grip (also ordered PSA LPK (no tube/stock) with the basic A2 grip, because on sale for $49.99 w/ free shipping).

I'll cry once if it saves money in the end, within reason, but there are limits. I can't afford a $1000 AR any year soon. Some of the bundles are cheaper than buying individual parts or buying the bundle with the one piece I might replace later already in it (like getting the basic PSA LPK with A2 grip and then getting the MOE OD green grip somewhere else later than the PSA LPK that includes it).

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    ^ How in the world did you even find that on their web site? It sucks.

Search by manufacturer. Their site works if you know what you are looking for but is horrible if you are just browsing to see what is out there.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Well I actually went with Schuyler's carbine buffer tube and M4 stock combo. $30 with $7 for shipping. It could be crap, but they sound like they are stand-up so I am hoping decent quality. Excellent change I'll swap out the stock at some point but I am looking for the cheapest build I can get without it being total trash.

So long as the buffer and tube work well I figured I paid $5 for a stock to use for some number of months before it becomes a spare.

I want an OD green setup, but I also want it done properly at some point with matching furniture (I actually like the two tone look of upper, lower and barrel being black. Stock, grip and handguard OD green). Same reason I am leaning towards and Anderson 20" HBAR upper w/o BCG. I've heard decent things about them and it is $265 for the barreled upper and then I just need a BCG. Later I can change the black plastic handguard for a nice OD green aluminum FF handguard when I swap the stock and grip (also ordered PSA LPK (no tube/stock) with the basic A2 grip, because on sale for $49.99 w/ free shipping).

I'll cry once if it saves money in the end, within reason, but there are limits. I can't afford a $1000 AR any year soon. Some of the bundles are cheaper than buying individual parts or buying the bundle with the one piece I might replace later already in it (like getting the basic PSA LPK with A2 grip and then getting the MOE OD green grip somewhere else later than the PSA LPK that includes it).

Let us know if the above kit (with stock) looks decent when it arrives. Appreciate your remarks.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Will do. Of course last night chatting with my neighbor, he as a magpul stock and a buffer tube just laying around that I can have. Sigh.

Though he doesn't have the hardware that goes with (spring, buffer, nuts). So it wasn't really a waste. Hoping it is an MOE stock in OD green...but I'll take what I can get.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Well coming from never handled an AR-15 before or messing with buffers, etc here are my thoughts on the Schuyler buffer and M4 stock kit.

Seems well made. Buffer is metal (aluminum it seems, I haven't checked with a magnet). Seems to be all the necessary hardware for assembly. I did a quick fit on my Spike's lower and it seems good. Stock is all plastic except the retainer bolt thingie that the adjustment lever pivots on. 6-points of adjustment, dunno every 1/2-3/4"? Seems to be about 3-4 inches of adjustment from all the way in to all the way out. A small amount of play between the stock and the tube, very minor though.

For $38 shipped, $30 before shipping, seems pretty good. I can tell I'll eventually want a nicer stock, but it'll get the job done just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom