• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Hey everyone,

My lower is finished, and I am awaiting my "M16A1" upper. I want the option of pretending to be Arnold in Predator when the mood suits me. I have found the M203 A1/A2 handguards for a decent price here and there but haven't gotten any. Problem is I want the closest to a 203 I can get. Cobray makes/made one, but finding one that is uses the old attachment process is proving to be difficult. Everything 37mm seems to be rail attachment, at least stuff that's in stock or easily available.

Have any of you guys done a build like this? I know Buff7mm has all kinds of cool retro rifles...:gun2:

Thanks,

Chris

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    You can buy the launcher receiver as a Title 1 firearm, and then Form 1 it. There are a few M203 receivers on Gunbroker.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    I am building an M203 upper for my M16 as well. I got an LMT M2032003 Rail mounted receiver. Waiting on Form 1. There is store in Texas that sells both the 12" and 9" barrels. I am gonna go with the 9" barrel for now. Hard finding rounds and components to make rounds. Will post pic once I get it all together if you like.

Dave

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    I also bought an M2032003 from Sean at TXMGO. He's a good guy.

I think that is the same guy. Seems like a cool guy to deal with. I transferred the receiver as a Title 1 and then filed a Form 1 for DD. Once that clears I will get a barrel from the guy in TX and put it on.

Thinking of also getting a 37mm launcher and eventually registering it as a DD just like Clandestine did. Or, if I can find one, get a 37mm to 40mm adaptor.

Dave

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    I went about it the same way, transfer as a Title I and Form 1. I'm contemplating going with a standard non-rail mount as well, so I can do the traditional build.

Just went with a Rail mount for quick change out if needed.

The trouble now is finding rounds for it. Although I have several adapters to fire different shells (410 Beehive, 22LR Beehive, 12Ga, and 20Ga adapters) I was hoping to get M781 Chalk for decent price ($5-$6 per round)and maybe some smoke rounds without costing an arm and a leg.

I am looking for a 37mm to 40mm adapter. Thinking of getting a cheaper 410ga to 40mm adapter and having a machinist bore it out to accept 37mm shells.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom