• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crawls

Apr 2, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    Not the PM2, the blue domino, in (204P, not M390) was it this:
    View attachment 168121

or the blue weave CF version, either way, how do you like it? I like a good fast flipper, and LOVE the manix 2 series as an EDC, this seems to be about the same blade shape including the forward choil, but a shorter handle, and flipper/framelock vs BB lock. Looks like a slightly more compact knife, but probably a more solid "high end" feel. Have no experience with 204P/M390, or even the standard CTS-XHP for that matter, but have heard plenty of favorable opinion on both, XHP being like a tough and hard stainless D2, and 204P taking a finer edge, and holding it for a lot longer than S30V. I'm not a huge steel snob, I do like good edgeholding and toughness, but have had some "supersteels" that didn't live up to the hype. Have a manix in S110V, and not thrilled with that steel, it doesn't wear at all, but chips and rolls easier than S30V, so "dulls" and still needs to be touched up about as often as the same knife in S30V, OTOH the H1 in my cheap Spydie serrated lockbacks has exceeded my expectations, insanely tough, I can beat on it, straighten the bent edge(never chipped yet), and it keeps going.

My bad. My Domino is the blue CF scale model with the XHP blade. I didn't even know that there was a Domino out in another steel. Interesting. To that regard, if you're a Manix 2 fan, you'll find lots to love with the Domino, It's slightly smaller and more refined then the Manix 2 with similar ergonomics and a flipper.

I'm not hard enough on the knives to really tell you much more about the more exotic steels than you probably already know. The 204P on my Southard definitely holds a fine edge longer than anything else I own and the M390 on my Manix 2 seems to be a great all around blade. I think I treat it rougher than any other Spyderco I own and It's holding up great.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Just received my black flat ground Delica. Extremely light little knife. If it wasn't a Spyderco I'd feel it was a cheap toy knife. The action is VERY stiff and I worked it a bunch while watching the game last nite and applied a little oil per the instructions but it hasn't loosened up at all. Will it over time.

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    Finally some pictures :).

Forgot to mention, we can order Spyderco knives if anyone is in the market.

Dan

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Cuttlery Shoppe PM2 Exclusive. CTS-XHP steel.

Attachments

• DSC_0192.jpg
      DSC_0192.jpg
      89 KB · Views: 226

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads