Hawthorne and Timonium would be local to Baltimore IMO

Halethorpe. Damn auto correct.

Last edited:

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    So I think, after reading silver spring, rockville, halethorpe, Fredrick, st leonard, and DE, the answer to the question about a "local" knife shop was NO. :D
    Depends on your definition of local. ;) Growing up in Wisconsin, anything within a one hour drive felt local to us, and a two hour drive on the weekend was nothing. When I was in Manhattan, I knew people that didn't leave a one square mile radius more than a few times a year. In Maryland, I've often found myself in gun stores about an hour drive from home, and it's no big deal. I've discovered two great stores this way (that are IPs here). But you're partly right, the only place that I would call my LGS (in part because I really like the establishment and get on well with the owner) is Gunrunners.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Armati

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 6, 2013
    Baltimore
    So did you have enough time to make it to any of the suggested shops?

No. Basspro at the Mills had what I needed and I didn't have to make a special trip.

The biggest problem I have with LGS is they have a pretty sad internet presence.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ifdot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Md Eastern Shore
    There's a very good knife shop over in DE. Greenwood I believe. Not far from Bridgeville. No sales tax!

Yes, very strange location. Its in the basement of a house basically on a farm. Almost felt like I was intruding in someones house but took the chance, didn't get stabbed or shot so that was good.
    Once you get over the some strangers basement its a very nice shop. It doesn't feel like a basement once there. They have employees and all, very nice.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Well, if you make it out to Frederick sometime, bring ProtegeV (he seems to be city bound), we'll have lunch, and talk Trump. Protege will love it. ;)

Last edited:

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    If you're going to Chantilly this weekend, LTWright Knives has a table there. Great knives, handmade in OH by great people!

Usually, in the next to the last row to the right and between 1/2 way and 3/4 way back from entrance

Here are some recent knives from their shop

d39d0f59eb62e193819ca366d7707ec5.jpg

413451da664405a32c8dedabb5bed80c.jpg

87fecb785c932c5b58bd32f900a16256.jpg

194651057f8db1dc2036ea03be43f292.jpg

---
    Shamr0ck

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Well, if you make it out to Frederick sometime, bring ProtegeV (he seems to be city bound), we'll have lunch, and Trump. Protege will love it. ;)

:D

And I know what you mean by varying degrees of "local."
    My wife is from upstate ny and when they finally got s target within a 40min drive everyone was ecstatic. Where I'm from, there are 5 within 15minutes:lol2:

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    :D

And I know what you mean by varying degrees of "local."
    My wife is from upstate ny and when they finally got s target within a 40min drive everyone was ecstatic. Where I'm from, there are 5 within 15minutes:lol2:
    Sheesh, I suck at phone posting. I meant to write "talk Trump". Only see my errors when they're quoted.

Yes, I remember you planning your visit to NYC last year with a bit of dread. :eek: I suspect, with a little time, you're actually highly adaptable. Obviously helps if there were family and friends in the new locale.

Shamrock, great knives. Thanks for the tip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom