• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    http://www.alloutdoor.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Dsc_0113.jpg

What's not to like?

Spyderco81-660x440.jpg

One of the features I like best is that the blade is under 2.5 inches (2.44) which makes it legal in all federal buildings. Hello DC... read the rules. :)

Spyderco Battlestation Dialex C168G Black G-10 Plain Edge Knife * VG-10 Steel $189 on ebay

Only problem... it's expensive - nearly $200 full retail (I think we will be able to find it for much less in a few months)

736869804_2_Big.jpg

DSC_0797_zpsc3e2351a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Minuteman

BANNED!!!

images

The Battlestation is an extremely stout folding knife built on a framework of solid stainless steel handle liners. They are capped by textured G-10 scales that feature meticulously machined relief cuts for easy access to the blade’s Trademark Round Hole when opening the knife. The blade of the Battlestation is a unique hybrid profile that features a slightly curved, Americanized tanto-style point and a strong saber-ground PlainEdge cutting edge. Ground from VG-10 stainless steel, it also features twin fullers (grooves) in the blade flats and a beveled swedge at the tip to ensure a strong but capable point. An index-finger choil at the heel of the blade allows the user to choke up for extra control and features carefully machined jimping for extra grip security. For swift, one-handed opening, the blade includes a 13mm Round Hole that also unmistakably identifies the Battlestation as a Spyderco design. A reversible wire clip attached to the butt end of the handle supports left or right-side tip-up carry and complements all the other features of the knife to make its carry and operation completely ambidextrous.

spyderco-battlestation-SPC168GP-d7.jpg

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    needs a serrated portion also I've found the sharp point of a knife is almost useless for anything but self defense........which I don't carry a knife for.

Last edited:

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I believe the Sharpened edge is under 2.5 inches. The total blade length is just under 3.

Would that still be legal in the federal buildings??

I'm not a lawyer, but policy says blade of less than 2.5 inches.

In practice they routinely let many folks through with ~3"ish blades, because the exact length isn't truly the issue. I see dozens of people routinely with typical 3-5" folding knives, and a few workers with fixed blades or tool bags/holsters with all kinds of other normal tools. My point is, we don't live in a police state.

The point of the 2.5" blade is so you know for sure you are legitimately correct if some overly zealous security person tries to confiscate it.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    I know I'm late to the spyderco party but I am just starting to get into them. I have to say I wish I wouldn't have waited so long.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    One of the features I like best is that the blade is under 2.5 inches (2.44) which makes it legal in all federal buildings. Hello DC... read the rules. :)

Only problem... it's expensive - nearly $200 full retail (I think we will be able to find it for much less in a few months)

Few thoughts...

There's at least a few buildings that don't allow blades of any length in.

My experience with Spyderco knives is that they don't actually come down much in price. Took me a long time to find a Ulize much below retail.

Waz

SHAZAM!!!
    Dec 15, 2012
    Glen Burnie-ish
    The point of the 2.5" blade is so you know for sure you are legitimately correct if some overly zealous security person tries to confiscate it.

won't stop some of them. i got into an argument and almost thrown out of one building for my leatherman squirt and spyderco dragonfly (2.3 inch blade, 1.8 inch cutting edge) i was there for a service call and wouldn't let me bring my tools in. it took some phone calls and a lot of dirty looks, but they eventually let me in through the service entrance.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Yes, lots of confusion out there, but the federal code says of less than 2.5", obviously they can refuse you entry. I've been asked to put a rather large folder in a lock box going into one federal building in DC. The airlines almost reversed their no knife rules, but the union people didn't want it, and it didn't pass.

Even a small blade can be very dangerous in the hands of an aggressive person with bad intent. I find smaller knives, say 2-3" most handy. Most or all of the buildings I go into, this knife should be no problem at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom