• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Update: Mitch caved.
    Would someone please tell the republicans that they won the Senate and the White House?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Invicta

Sep 16, 2018
    Update: Mitch caved.
    Would someone please tell the republicans that they won the Senate and the White House?

Damnit what did he do now? I was just starting to think maybe he had a backbone...

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Here's a fantasy: McConnell lets the senators go home to campaign. All the Republicans get a note telling them to re-convene on a given date. Since there's 51 of them, it's a quorum. All remaining judgeships are confirmed by voice vote in about 2-3 hrs. They go back to campaigning.

The nation marvels at the Republicans - their testicles have descended at last! They win big in November! Dem heads burst colorfully on the evening news!

A guy can dream . . .

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    All the news outlets I’ve been browsing (something I do only AFTER I’ve caught up on all my MDS browsing! :lol2: :party29: has LibTard heads EXPLODING over the fact “Schumer rubber-stamped” Trump’s appointments.

At least one headline (Esquire) pronounced, “It’s Time for Schumer to GO!!!

https://www.esquire.com/news-politi...chuck-schumer-15-judges-deal-mitch-mcconnell/

Gotta rum, I ate Mexican and now I have to go “Take a Schumer”

Mr H

Banana'd
    Here's a fantasy: McConnell lets the senators go home to campaign. All the Republicans get a note telling them to re-convene on a given date. Since there's 51 of them, it's a quorum. All remaining judgeships are confirmed by voice vote in about 2-3 hrs. They go back to campaigning.

The nation marvels at the Republicans - their testicles have descended at last! They win big in November! Dem heads burst colorfully on the evening news!

A guy can dream . . .

You may not be far off there...

Ds know that momentum is against them... why shouldn't the Rs capitalize??

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    All the news outlets I’ve been browsing (something I do only AFTER I’ve caught up on all my MDS browsing! :lol2: :party29: has LibTard heads EXPLODING over the fact “Schumer rubber-stamped” Trump’s appointments.

At least one headline (Esquire) pronounced, “It’s Time for Schumer to GO!!!

https://www.esquire.com/news-politi...chuck-schumer-15-judges-deal-mitch-mcconnell/

Gotta rum, I ate Mexican and now I have to go “Take a Schumer”

Rum and Mexican is a bad combo for staying out of the can... :D

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    where did the name cocaine mitch come from?

It was used by his challenger on the last election cycle. Apparently, Mitch’s father in law owns some sort of shipping company and one of its vessels was found to be trafficking cocaine.

So this guy promised to “ditch Cocaine Mitch”.

It is a badass name (so long as he’s not connected to the obviously illegal trafficking of drugs). I mean, what’s Schumer known for? Crying, that’s what.

krucam

Ultimate Member
    While part of me is grinning madly with getting some good nominees on the 9th Circuit, part of me disagrees with the shenanigans of recess appointments. We will likely hold the Senate after the November elections.

When the D's hold the White House and the Senate again, perhaps even the House, it will be a very ugly period of payback.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    While part of me is grinning madly with getting some good nominees on the 9th Circuit, part of me disagrees with the shenanigans of recess appointments. We will likely hold the Senate after the November elections.

When the D's hold the White House and the Senate again, perhaps even the House, it will be a very ugly period of payback.

Republicants should never worry about Democrat payback. It would take Republicants another 230 years to pay back the Dems for the shenanigans Dems have already committed, if they started today. Fifty years to even the score from the Obama/Harry Reid era alone.

HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County

I wouldn't worry about that - the gloves have been off for some time, and I don't think that's going to change with the left becoming more unhinged almost daily.

Peaceful John

May 31, 2011

It's not clear to me when precedent last hindered Democrats. Remember when Harry Reid violated precedent and employed the 'nuclear' option, whereby nominated Federal judges can advance to confirmation with (thanks to Harry 50 votes in favor rather than the (precedential) 60 votes? How much fidelity did Ol' Harry show to precedent back then?

Payback is good business, and is only ugly when the other side has the majority. Job One is to make sure the Dems hold a majority a minority of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom