• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigcountry

Jan 4, 2013
    Carroll County
    Any beaver trappers in the area? A friend has a beaver problem. I have tried to hunt them at night, but limited success.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Is your friend in Carroll? My partner at work traps but i think Carroll would be a hike

G-Mar221

Mar 18, 2018
    Germantown
    Break open a reasonable size hole in the dam so the water level will fall substantially and retry your hunting. They will be there quickly to try to repair the hole.

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    th

fscwi

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2012
    youtube has quite a few videos. I have been doing some research myself as they are starting to be a real PITA on the stream running through my property. Drowner rigs look like a possible option for me.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    Any beaver trappers in the area? A friend has a beaver problem. I have tried to hunt them at night, but limited success.

May want to re-read the DNR beaver regs and then say on a public forum what you ACTUALLY did instead of hunting beaver, presumably with a weapon.. At night.

(Whats the opposite of "asking for a friend"? Telling because im your your friend?) Asking for a friend.......

bigcountry

Jan 4, 2013
    Carroll County
    I haven't hunted em in 20 years. I just remembered in ky, they cleared out like 10 good fruit trees, stayed up all night. Limited success

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

bigcountry

Jan 4, 2013
    Carroll County
    May want to re-read the DNR beaver regs and then say on a public forum what you ACTUALLY did instead of hunting beaver, presumably with a weapon.. At night.

(Whats the opposite of "asking for a friend"? Telling because im your your friend?) Asking for a friend.......
    Man, i don't have any reason to say anything to the contrary. I am very serious, I am asking for a real friend. I don't have the time to worry about it, i just thought their might be a person who seeks out beavers.

Any dnr is very open to call me. Pm me or whatever.

Contrary to what you think, most sportsmen are law abiding. If you have a guilty conscience, thats your issue. I myself would love to have this guys 200 acres to have a beaver problem

bigcountry

Jan 4, 2013
    Carroll County
    I thought it was against the law to destroy a beaver dam. Anyone know if that is true?
    Break open a reasonable size hole in the dam so the water level will fall substantially and retry your hunting. They will be there quickly to try to repair the hole.

madmantrapper

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2009
    Carroll County
    You will need a permit to take care of the problem or hire a control operator. Beavers are only allowed to be trapped in Maryland. This time of the year the pelts are worthless. Getting someone to handle the problem will be expensive. You might be able to find someone when the trapping season opens to do it for less or maybe for the hide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom