• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tihsho

Secret Asian Man
    Aug 23, 2011
    Frederick & HoCo, MD
    So for my builds I've generally gone for a pre-built upper on a lower I did myself. I've built a few uppers in the past, but generally hated parts sourcing for some of them.

In this case I'm helping someone with a build and they would prefer going with a pre-built upper to put on their lower that they will be picking up in a few weeks. Are there any 'naked' uppers out there just waiting for furniture besides going with an Aero Precision or BCM? Anything with an 18" barrel or are all of them considered rifle length at that point for the gas system? They were looking at a 5.56 chambered build, but considering going with .223 Wylde if something is available.

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    pre-FSA2013 lower?

If yes, sometimes PSA will have them. Noveske. Spikes.

Alternatively, you can get a Ballistic Advantage barrel with the FSP, handguard cap, and delta ring pre-installed. Add your own assembled upper, and it becomes a fairly simple install.

Tihsho

Secret Asian Man
    Aug 23, 2011
    Frederick & HoCo, MD
    His lower, is not pre-SB281. I've yet to find a Spikes 'naked' upper, but they are cheap enough to pull the standard guards off of them. Just seeing what options were out there in 18" or in a .223 Wylde chamber.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Delton. Not naked, but they have middy uppers in 16'' barrels. Not sure about 18''. Yes Hbars.

Gun Met

07 FFL / 02 SOT
    Nov 1, 2015
    We will build to suit in practically any configuration you want. I could do our upper receiver with match grade stainless 18" .223 wylde with mid length gas system. Pick a rail and a brake and your good to go. We only use M16 style BCGs. We also use cryo freezing on our standard bolts for unsurpassed performance. Very well reviewed on google and this board if that matters to you. Email me if your interested.

HBAR as well. Support a MD company !

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    You guys do 308 stuff? Looking for an 18" lightweight barrel that shoots. Needs to be under 3/4" with factory ammo.

Gun Met

07 FFL / 02 SOT
    Nov 1, 2015
    You guys do 308 stuff? Looking for an 18" lightweight barrel that shoots. Needs to be under 3/4" with factory ammo.

YUP! I am updating the website this weekend to better reflect all of our projects and services. But you can see the our builds on our Facebook (facebook.com/gunmetalinc) and instagram (gun.metal.inc)

instagram account is brand new so only a little bit up there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom