• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaveP

Jan 27, 2013
    St. Marys county
    Was pretty busy there yesterday. Seemed to come in pulses. Had to wait, then it thinned out a bit, then another wave of folks. Saw people drive in, turn around and leave.
    Lots of kids and ladies there, good to see them out and shooting.

mtbiker

Dec 31, 2016
    SoMd
    Pretty busy on Friday as well. Got there a little after opening and there were about 5 waiting already. Guess everyone's off this week.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Went to the range this morning. It ewas a mud pit worse then use to be.
    Only a few people there.

Got to play with my sniper rifles. To start sighting them in. Wanted to go to the 100 yard mark but couldnt make it due to the mud and new berms they put up.

Edward78

Apr 4, 2009
    Newburg, MD SoMd
    Hit the Range today, Its been about 5 years since the last time I went and not much has changed. That's a good thing I guess ? It wasn't busy and I was even by myself at times and got to run some rounds through a lot of my rifles and pistols today, a good time was had. Got some reloading to do now :)

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    Hit the Range today, Its been about 5 years since the last time I went and not much has changed. That's a good thing I guess ? It wasn't busy and I was even by myself at times and got to run some rounds through a lot of my rifles and pistols today, a good time was had. Got some reloading to do now :)

Lucky you work sucks

midnightSGT

Oct 17, 2013
    Calvert County
    I went last friday on 2-24-17. I got there and it was relatively quiet with a couple of regulars shooting .22lr plinkers. One new shooter
    shooting a pistol and myself. In and out on an hour and a half. Good morning quickie.

Edward78

Apr 4, 2009
    Newburg, MD SoMd
    Went again today and only 3 other tables being used, I love it when you can just relax and shoot. Just ran a few Mags full through my S&W 22A 22lr pistol for about 45 min. Weather was nice, gun shot nice well, cant ask for much more

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    Nice today

Weather was beautiful today so I expected to wait for a spot at the range. Only 3 shooters when I arrived at 12:30. Tables never did fill up the whole time I was there. Nice group of people and I didn't notice any safely violations. Had a great time shooting with my son.

ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River
    Went to the range Friday, but just not have time to post piks.

The boss loves the Galil and shot all my ammo lol
    She didn't care for the X95 or Arsenal 74

Attachments

• IMG_3421.jpg
      IMG_3421.jpg
      129.3 KB · Views: 577
    • IMG_3417.jpg
      IMG_3417.jpg
      126.4 KB · Views: 556

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    Man! Seeing this thread of 118 pages, no I didn't read the whole thread, brings back memories of being the only one there, having to look for someone to check in, nobody checking you while you shoot, and people asking me where on Earth MG is. Times change.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    My son wants to shoot at MG Wednesday, we get together every few months for a few hours of putting holes in Paper. I'm getting long in the tooth and will be heading south in a few months so any time shooting with family is always time well spent. :thumbsup:

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Went to m. G.g. this morning. Not real busy at all
    I ended up helping a nice ladies with her CVS muzzle loader trigger issue.

I got to shoot my sks and my two p64 pistols. that 9x18 rounds has a sharp kick in the little pistols.

Today would have been a good day to take the 50 bmg because not a lot of people there to disturb with it.

JMD2004

Aug 9, 2017
    Lexington Park
    Went to m. G.g. this morning. Not real busy at all
    I ended up helping a nice ladies with her CVS muzzle loader trigger issue.

I got to shoot my sks and my two p64 pistols. that 9x18 rounds has a sharp kick in the little pistols.

Today would have been a good day to take the 50 bmg because not a lot of people there to disturb with it.

weekdays aren't really buys there....weekends are another story. Glad you had a good time. I need to go back at some point.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Week day can get very busy. Hunting season is coming up and people will be getting ready for hunting.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Also, it is closed during firearms season.
    This needs to change.
    1) people pay to use it and it isn't fair to close it for the two weeks. Don't say it is to work on the range because the state doesn't spend the money they need to for up keep.
    2) it is the only public range around. If a hunter drops his shotgun or breaks his scope he/ she doesn't have any place to check the zero,. So there hunting season could be at an end for a small mishaps and no place to check it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom