• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zeddm91/30

Oct 11, 2009
    Reliance MD
    We've all had those shoots were we made them not expecting to hit the target. I want this thread to discuss our horrible shoots. It kills me to admit it but I missed a 75 yard shot on a ground hog on the farm with my REM 700. At the range I'm usually good at calling my mistakes this one I have no clue what I did wrong. I think my range estimating skills could use a lot of work. Lol let me know what u think. You can laugh at me 2 I don't mind

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    We've all been there a few times. I know I've always got that one stray hole in the paper to mess up my grouping.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    That ain't as bad as missing a computer hard drive at 10 yards with a Mosin Nagant..., I can hit golf balls at 100 yards with a .22, quarters at 100 with an AR using an EO-Tech - but I missed a hard drive at 10 yards with a Mosin, I have no clue how I managed to do that. :confused:

That's my most embarassing/horrible shot.

boatbod

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2007
    Talbot Co
    That ain't as bad as missing a computer hard drive at 10 yards with a Mosin Nagant..., I can hit golf balls at 100 yards with a .22, quarters at 100 with an AR using an EO-Tech - but I missed a hard drive at 10 yards with a Mosin, I have no clue how I managed to do that. :confused:

You think that's bad? I missed a pumpkin at 10yds with two 12ga slugs!
    - hey son, wanna see a pumpkin go boom?
    - yes Dad!
    - bang... miss, bang... miss
    <insert cuss words here>
    - hey lets try some buckshot instead

I probably could've hit it from 50yds - the point of impact was way higher than anticipated.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    It took me three shots to hit a 6" steel plate at 10 yards. I completely missed several IDPA targets at 15 yards with a 9mm carbine. I could not hit an entire row of tombstone steel targets at 85 yards with my Arsenal rifle. And several 12"x12" steel plates at 115 yards with my AR, prone, with a bipod and scope.

Crab Bait

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2011
    Pasadena
    When I was about 14, my dad and I were goose hunting with some of the other guys in his club. They went in to breakfast, good size flock came in to dad and me, six bangs, good size flock flew away. Guys came out to see how many geese we killed. Um...

vin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    When I was about 14, my dad and I were goose hunting with some of the other guys in his club. They went in to breakfast, good size flock came in to dad and me, six bangs, good size flock flew away. Guys came out to see how many geese we killed. Um...

14? Hell, I did that this past winter. Lol.

How about an embarrassing hit? Yesterday I took my 18YO son to the range. He's shot once or twice before, but has never been that interested until lately. Dusted me with the GSG 1911. Didn't have time for the SW1911, had to get to work, but wants to try that next time. What an ego-bruiser.

Ganegrei

Comblock Convert
    Jun 23, 2011
    Somewhere in BoCo
    Yeah under embarassing miss. I shot a perfect bullseye with my bow. The next shot I shot another one, and split my first arrow down the middle. I was amazed and pissed at the shot because those arrows cost 15 dollars each.

frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    Yeah under embarassing miss. I shot a perfect bullseye with my bow. The next shot I shot another one, and split my first arrow down the middle. I was amazed and pissed at the shot because those arrows cost 15 dollars each.

A Robin Hood always trumps the cost of arrows.

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    That awkward moment when you're ten yards away from a six inch target, with a pistol that you've cloverleafed with at 15, and you can't even hit it.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Out with a buddy a few months ago so he could sight in a new rifle. He put balloons up at 100 yards and was shooting them. He was being a wiseass and told me to shoot one with my .357. I shot three.

A short while later, I tried shooting a water jug not 15 feet away.....

Miss.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    This past season I missed a doe from about 25 yards. Then a 2nd doe walked up where the 1st one was...missed her too! When the 3rd one walked up I just yelled "GET OUT OF HERE" went back to my ATV and rode back to camp disgusted. I still haven't taken that rifle back to the range to see if something is amiss or if I just sucked that day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom