• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    From a 2007 issue of Shotgun News. I keep the old ones to remind me. I saw a very nice polish m44 at the show yesterday, nearly $500. M38 with a m44 stock, $375.

Attachments

• D584A681-4F89-444F-ABB2-EC1700AA3092.jpg
      D584A681-4F89-444F-ABB2-EC1700AA3092.jpg
      101.1 KB · Views: 696

jindodog

Sep 29, 2007
    Chester
    Zorros;... I saw a very nice polish m44 at the show yesterday... nearly $500. .[/QUOTE said:
    I saw this yesterday also but I would swear that it was marked considerably higher than $500. It had a beautiful Polish sling on it. I hope you are mistaken about the price as I would have been very tempted at that asking price point. That's just me though.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    I saw this yesterday also but I would swear that it was marked considerably higher than $500. It had a beautiful Polish sling on it. I hope you are mistaken about the price as I would have been very tempted at that asking price point. That's just me though.

After a while this stuff spills over in the brain. I thought it was 475. Yes, had a sling. I only say one. I think another vendor at the front was selling spanish marked mosins. Had a fin marked mosin at about 400. I really liked the winchester mod 12 from 1925 but had no way to evaluate if the barrel was original at exactly 18”( in 1925? Hmmm. 9 yrs before the fedfirearms act?). At a lesser price i would have chanced it, but that’s what makes these shows fun. A treasure hunt. Saw some m1 carbines in late war or rearsenaled config. Thought they were expensive, but a rock o la caught my eye.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I bought a lot of C&R rifles between 1995 and 2009. In 2010 as some major life changes were happening I realized that I'd never fired any of them and frankly didn't really want to. What I figured out is that my desire to shoot guns isn't as strong as my hatred of cleaning guns and things like corrosive ammo made cleaning a must. I sold all of them.

jindodog

Sep 29, 2007
    Chester
    Yep, I have brain spillover more and more it seems. You got me thinking though, for a smaller than usual show at that venue it did have some interesting C&R stuff there, including a Johnson. I agree prices were a little on the steep side but I never got down to any serious horse trading either. It was well worth the admission fee for the entertainment. See, I'm still talking about it!

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    If the day ever came where the Republican Party was in control of the Legislative and Executive branches at the same time, we could see another wave of C&R opportunities come to America.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Yep, I have brain spillover more and more it seems. You got me thinking though, for a smaller than usual show at that venue it did have some interesting C&R stuff there, including a Johnson. I agree prices were a little on the steep side but I never got down to any serious horse trading either. It was well worth the admission fee for the entertainment. See, I'm still talking about it!
    Totally agree about the entertainment value. I saw the johnson but i think it was 7k. Saw a reising at about 7 but those have gone up too. Would have bought an electrolus nickle colt trooper III with a 2” barrel if the price had been negotiable.

SKIP

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 5, 2009
    Glenwood/Glenelg
    During the 1980s SGN carried all the Swiss, Nipon, French, Italian, and many more. I lost interest when there was no ammo available to shoot them.
    There was Norma but the prices we sky high.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    From a 2007 issue of Shotgun News. I keep the old ones to remind me. I saw a very nice polish m44 at the show yesterday, nearly $500. M38 with a m44 stock, $375.

Heck yes! I remember getting Shotgun news in the late 80's. As a matter of fact, when I was stationed in Germany in the mid 80's, a local German (gun collector) told me about Shotgun news. He told me to "buy lots of magazines".

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Bought all my mg's out of Shotgun News in the early 90's. The most expensive one, my AC 556F was $899 from CDNN. I should have brought more!!

Did you see the mosin “ sniper” in the ad. $334 and i was thinking, “ who would pay $334 for. $69 rifle just because it had an added scope?”

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    My first memory of Shotgun News was from 1995.

SVT 44’s were very common and cheap and i passed on them everytime :sad20:

I'm infamous for waiting too long to jump onto the bandwagon. The SVT40 in my collection was my only moment of common sense and clarity. Noticed that they weren't showing up on as many tables and grabbed one from a mid 90s Frederick show just before they evaporated from the gunshow circuit. Think I paid $310 for it. Otherwise it's been a parade of lost opportunities over three decades. Don't/can't win 'em all.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    What I don't miss is the overpriced standard capacity mags until the AWB ban expired.

Paying $150 for a glock mag in the 1990s was a lot of money. I remember shopping hard to find AK and AR mags under $20.

DoormanTNT

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I should have bought a truck load of SKS when they couldn't give them away at the gun shows.....

I recall 85 to 100 and they were stacked high and deep..... .oh the days.....

GunnyHwy

Oct 18, 2007
    Howard County
    I got my C&R in 2005. I picked up on some deals and passed on a bunch. I was fairly broke back then too. I'm sure years from now some folks will say "remember when mosin rifles were only $350!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom