• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    And here is mine as it sits now...
    576AEB54-3AF8-49A5-824C-4613907A0FDD.JPG

Here is the AR I put together for my wife.

16' PSA upper
    NFA Lower
    Magpul pink bits(yes, it was hard to find these parts)
    Houge Pink grip
    MBUS rear sight
    JoeBob NiB BCG

C416BC08-89A8-44CF-AE4F-EB6B4C1E478C.JPG

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Changed up my 10.5" SBR a little. Replaced my 9" Troy Alpha rail with a 9.5" Geissele SMR Mk2 MOD1. I cant recommend the Geissele rail enough. Extremely well made with a lot of attention to detail. No barrel nut/gas tube indexing required and the SMR can easily be removed for cleaning. Im very impressed, and already thinking of replacing the 13" Troy Alpha rail on my 16" midlength with another Geissele SMR.
    07eed66c-d1fd-483a-b673-d950b8d0f3d4.jpg

89a041b3-7b10-412f-9e7a-4ead9740f2d2.jpg

8b2d2359-754d-42d8-9a7f-df0602c50e31.jpg

f5d4c56b-3e71-462e-9b2e-8d1d446aa43c.jpg

Only thing left for this SBR is an Inforce WML HSP w/ Thorntail Offset Mount (ordering today) and the tax stamp for a Saker556 suppressor.

Ooops

Former Navy Bubblehead
    Nov 11, 2010
    Red Lion, PA
    Changed up my 10.5" SBR a little. Replaced my 9" Troy Alpha rail with a 9.5" Geissele SMR Mk2 MOD1. I cant recommend the Geissele rail enough. Extremely well made with a lot of attention to detail. No barrel nut/gas tube indexing required and the SMR can easily be removed for cleaning. Im very impressed, and already thinking of replacing the 13" Troy Alpha rail on my 16" midlength with another Geissele SMR.
    07eed66c-d1fd-483a-b673-d950b8d0f3d4.jpg

89a041b3-7b10-412f-9e7a-4ead9740f2d2.jpg

8b2d2359-754d-42d8-9a7f-df0602c50e31.jpg

f5d4c56b-3e71-462e-9b2e-8d1d446aa43c.jpg

Only thing left for this SBR is an Inforce WML HSP w/ Thorntail Offset Mount (ordering today) and the tax stamp for a Saker556 suppressor.

Looks sweet!

Calengor

wishes he were spike
    Apr 13, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    Very nice flipz...can't decide between another geissele rail or centurion cmr next. The geissele rails are unbelievably solid and feel great

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I've been obsessing lately about that CMR rail. I really like the C4 I have on one of my rifles but I barely use any of the rail for accessories and I'd also like a slimmer profile.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    I have a 9" C4 rail and like it a lot. I to have been obsessing over the CMR but I keep telling myself that my next build is going to be a cheap build. Spending another $300+ on a rail won't help in achieving a cheaper build.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda

Looks VERY nice... and that's saying a lot for me since the rail you dumped is my favorite looking and feeling. I handled a SMR that Jawn has and liked it (especially the weight), but not enough to tempt me from the Alpha rail. If anything is going to get me off the Alpha Rail bandwagon, it's the Noveske NSR... which I can't find in stock anywhere so its a moot point.

Good luck with the Saker. I came very close to buying one and was impressed with the QD setup. I ended up going with something else based mainly on weight considerations.

elmerjr128

Mar 15, 2011
    Picking up my lower tomorrow then my brother and I will be building our first ARs on Saturday. I'll be sure to post pics of the finished products.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Looks VERY nice... and that's saying a lot for me since the rail you dumped is my favorite looking and feeling. I handled a SMR that Jawn has and liked it (especially the weight), but not enough to tempt me from the Alpha rail. If anything is going to get me off the Alpha Rail bandwagon, it's the Noveske NSR... which I can't find in stock anywhere so its a moot point.

Good luck with the Saker. I came very close to buying one and was impressed with the QD setup. I ended up going with something else based mainly on weight considerations.

I still have Troy Alpha's on 2 other AR's. I just wanted something different for this one. I just rebuilt my 16" midlength last night onto a billet upper and lower set from Black Rain Ordinance. And guess what, its still got a 13" Troy Alpha Rail on it, lol. I think the Troy's are fantastic. They're lightweight, lock up solid to a standard barrel nut, and offer plenty of versatility for mounting accessories.

BUT, the Geissele SMR series of rails are motherf%*kin badass! Ive never been as impressed with a rail as I am with the SMR series of rails. And there's definitely a chance that down the line my BRO 16" midlength will be wearing one. And, just so you know, Geissele is coming out with a SMR Keymod rail very soon. At that point, even the NSR would take second place to the Geissele in my opinion. I know that to some thats blasphemy. But, its just my opinion.

And Im pumped for the Saker. Mark from 2A kept one for himself and took it to the range last week. He said he was VERY impressed. And from him, that means a lot. Now for the long wait........

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom