• Beretta 92FS

Votes: 72 41.6%
    • Glock 17

Votes: 101 58.4%

• Total voters

mrbule

Jan 12, 2010
    For me neither.
    But personally I would go beretta over glock.
    Square odd angled squishy trigger thing.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I really would much rather have a PT92 then a Beretta 92.

The Frame safety gets rid of the issues of inadvertently engaging the safety on pulling the slide back. Fixed sights is bit annoying unless you want to drill the front sight blade for adjustable. By far the easiest to dis-assemble when compared to a lot of the other 9mm on the market. PT92 does not need Omega lock either is plus. Though 92FS/PT92 do have fat grips many things cross over but depending on year the grips do not. Mec-gar 20 round mags can be hand loaded without a mag loader unlike the factory 17s.

Yme

Platinum Member
    Nov 3, 2012
    I was in the same boat as you and decided to go with glock as it fits with my needs

Stormtrooper

Oct 10, 2009
    The first time I ever held a Beretta 92FS, I knew I would own one one day. Today I own a few different models of 92's due to how well I shoot with them and how comfortable they fit in my hands.

First time I held a Glock 17 (I can't recall if it was a Gen 1 or 2) it felt like holding a 2x4. The Gen 4 17 feels more comfortable than the earlier versions, but I'm still not keen on how it fits in my hand compared to other polymer framed pistols.

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    I've owned and shot both... I keep going back to the Glock because it fits my hands a bit better than the Beretta. I figured I'd put enough rounds through it to ultimately get used to the trigger.

ridethemessiah

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2012
    Cecil County
    Beretta is more majestic, you'll have fun cleaning it and racking the slide after you lube it up and just fondling it. The glock is a glock, a great gun all around. honestly i gotta say buy both

DocSavage

The Man of Bronze
    May 30, 2012
    Crofton
    Between the two, Beretta...

If you have some extra cash and desire better, go with what US Navy uses and go SIG SAUER... My P226 TacOps is beyond perfect and I sing its praises whenever I can!

Never a FTF or FTE, it built like a tank, just a bit expensive for all the US Military to use so it's a special item for SOG guys...for me, if the SEALS like it, then I'm on board!

Be safe...

Doc

lilgibby

"man gotta have a code."
    Sep 17, 2011
    Elkton
    I voted for the Beretta only because it's the most accurate gun I have ever shot. If this is going to be a range gun, I would say Beretta. If this is going to serve multiple purposes (carry etc.), I say Glock.

EDIT: Make sure you shoot both. The Beretta's grip is fairly large. If you have small hands, you will not be able to get a proper grip.

i have small hands and have never had this problem. i mean i agree with the first part but just b/c were disproportioned doesnt mean we cant hold a beretta, my px4 doesnt seem to be much wider and i have never had a problem getting a proper grip. having said that, i voted glock 17 although i like a 19 better for allaround application. 92s are a fine sexy italian piece though:innocent0

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I own and love to shoot the Beretta 92FS. I have never shot the Glock because I never like the way they felt in my hand. I have a big hands and I feel the slide of the Glock is way to close to the web/top of my hand and I think the slide would hit my hand as it cycled.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I voted Glock because of primarily how if fits the hand and balances. Even though I have XXL hands , the M92 just doesn't feel right.
    Yes , a well tuned M92 trigger is fine, plenty accurate, and as long as you realize a locking block is supposed to be a maintance item , very durable.

But the Glock fits me better , and fits a wider range of hand sizes.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I voted Glock because of primarily how if fits the hand and balances. Even though I have XXL hands , the M92 just doesn't feel right.
    Yes , a well tuned M92 trigger is fine, plenty accurate, and as long as you realize a locking block is supposed to be a maintance item , very durable.

But the Glock fits me better , and fits a wider range of hand sizes.

Did you ever have any trouble with the Glock hitting your hand as it cycled?

JR9390

Jan 2, 2012
    You can never go wrong with both, because both are good guns. But if I had to pick only one, Glock 17 would be the one for me. Consistent trigger pulls, If you want a 3.5 connector it just drops into the gun and you can load up on 17 rd mags for $20 piece.

huesmann

n00b
    Mar 23, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    I have never been afraid of the slide of my Glocks hitting the web of my hand. Some people may not be a fan of the Glock internal hammer, but I like the idea of not having it hanging out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom