• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DDShooter

May 13, 2020
    I am seeking some advice on scope mounts for Tikka T3X Lite. I have a Leupold VX-3i 3.5-10x40mm with 1in tube. Any suggestions for the mount?
    1. Should I get a base? Would a base add to unnecessary weight?

2. Or should I get rings? Would ring height matter? Should I get high or low rings?

Thanks a bunch!

shadow116

2nd Class Citizen
    Feb 28, 2008
    Emmitsburg
    Take a look at the DNZ Game Reaper one piece scope mounts. Had a lot of success with them. Have to measure the rifle and scope to determine what height you require (Top of the receiver to centerline of scope and taking into account the objective of the scope clearing the barrel.)

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    The best general advice is to go as low as you can while allowing for clearance of the objective lens/bell above the barrel. Particularly on rifles without a raised comb, lower rings/mounts tend to be more comfortable and allow for a better cheek weld while shooting. A lot of this is individual comfort/preference, so try out different set ups if you have the chance.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Take a look at the DNZ Game Reaper one piece scope mounts. Had a lot of success with them. Have to measure the rifle and scope to determine what height you require (Top of the receiver to centerline of scope and taking into account the objective of the scope clearing the barrel.)

+1 - here's the link for the Tikka line - https://www.dnzproducts.com/product/game-reaper-tikka/. Once you find the model number, search that and you will find it below MSP.

emkuba

May 24, 2013
    I have a Nightforce 20 MOA base and rings on my 7mm. The aluminum base that comes standard does not hold up to the recoil of the magnum loads

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Check Leupold's website, as but one example. Much like other manufacturers, the Leupold site will allow you to enter your rifle make and model (Tikka T3X lite), your rifle's cartridge chambering (which will isolate action length), your scope specs (Leupold VX3-I 40mm obj.), whether you want a 1 or 2 piece base, your finish (typically matte nowadays), etc. The site will offer recommendations for bases and rings based upon your input.

These sites aren't necessarily foolproof, but they can help to sort through what can seem like an otherwise endless maze of options.

Nice rifle/scope combo by the way, and Good Luck!

AlphabetSoup

Oct 28, 2019
    Are your goals to keep weight down for any particular purpose, or just mount securely?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom