• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    If it doesn't need a ton of tweaks to run reliably it will probably do well. On-press pocket swaging and trimming are pretty cool features. Figure with 10 stations there isn't a lot you can't do with it.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    Wow, the specs sound awesome. Seems like everything and more from the Dillon 1100 at the 750 price point. It will be interesting to see how the reliability is. It looks more compact than the 1100 too.

I’m happy to see more competition in the progressive press market. This will only force others to up their game.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Wow, the specs sound awesome. Seems like everything and more from the Dillon 1100 at the 750 price point. It will be interesting to see how the reliability is. It looks more compact than the 1100 too.

I’m happy to see more competition in the progressive press market. This will only force others to up their game.
    The street pricing on this thing is amazing. Looking at Natchez:
    $650 for the press
    $206 for the case feeder
    $412 for the bullet feeder
    $72 per shell plate
    $103 per toolhead (friggin' phenomenal compared to what Evo and 1100 toolheads cost)

That's less for a fully-loaded press with bullet feeder than an 1100 starts at. I imagine there's probably a caliber conversion you'll need to get, but, geez, real game-changer potential here. Maybe too good to be true, unfortunately.

The powder measure is also $124, which is considerably less than what many of the competitors are charging.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    The street pricing on this thing is amazing. Looking at Natchez:
    $650 for the press
    $206 for the case feeder
    $412 for the bullet feeder
    $72 per shell plate
    $103 per toolhead (friggin' phenomenal compared to what Evo and 1100 toolheads cost)

That's less for a fully-loaded press with bullet feeder than an 1100 starts at. I imagine there's probably a caliber conversion you'll need to get, but, geez, real game-changer potential here. Maybe too good to be true, unfortunately.

The powder measure is also $124, which is considerably less than what many of the competitors are charging.

Wow, this makes me think about picking one up just to run high volume 9mm and use my 650 for everything else. Unfortunately, if I starting this thing up I would be out of primers in a couple hours with no end in sight to the drought.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Wow, this makes me think about picking one up just to run high volume 9mm and use my 650 for everything else. Unfortunately, if I starting this thing up I would be out of primers in a couple hours with no end in sight to the drought.
    That was my plan when I bought a Mark7 Evo... run 223, 300AAC, and 9mm on the Evo (eventually with an autodrive), and use the 650 for large primer stuff (which tends to be less volume for me). If someone had a cheap autodrive for it, I could see using the FX-10 as a case processor, especially since the caliber switching is relatively cheap.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    The price makes me think that there has to be a catch. Cautiously watching with best wishes for the guinea pigs. If you manage to get one, let us know how it goes!

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    I hope this is built as strong and reliable as a dillion bet it’s made overseas and it don’t have the same warranty

This was my first exact thought. If this thing is USA made with a lifetime warranty it'll put Dillon out of business. But frankford arsenal is like 99% chinese crap. I'll let some other folks buy them and see how they run. On board primer pocket swaging is the one thing I could really use in my setups.

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    Looked to see if there was a post, and I am not disappointed. But, we are going on two years from when this was first announced. A video by Gavin over at UR reminded me this was in the pipeline (at this point I will say allegedly). As I have been upping my volume lately, I am itching to go progressive and this thing seems like it would be an immediate obvious first choice (by a country mile). But will it ever come out?

I mentioned it to the folks at Wink's and he said his rumor mill says this month. Anyone else heard anything on a release date?

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    Did you buy direct from FA ? I didn't find any sites selling with inventory, but I didn't really look that hard.
    Yeah, they had 50 on their website (first ones came with free shell plate and some other swag), then as they ramp production they will have on midway, mid south, OP and the like. I’m kind of shocked there wasn’t more interest here given the specs, teaser videos, and commentary from Gavin over at UR.

We’ll see - either those will be the hand-finished that roll better than anything, or they will have the bugs to work out. Not jazzed about overseas production, but this is Mark 7 features at Hornady prices so I can swallow my overseas dislike.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Just ran across this, $999 includes case feeder and free shipping

Any new long-term use feedback ?

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    Still kicking. Frankford has done a good job of updating the original models as better production parts have come online. I’m rolling through 556 at a good clip - looking forward to the bullet feed being released and swapping over to 9mm and 357

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    What do you need 10 stations for? I have 6 and only use 4 of those. I would like a reliable bullet feeder so that's 5. And my 6th spot had my powder cop but it doesn't work reliably with bottle neck cartridges. I don't know what 10 is for can anyone list all 10 stations?

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    What do you need 10 stations for? I have 6 and only use 4 of those. I would like a reliable bullet feeder so that's 5. And my 6th spot had my powder cop but it doesn't work reliably with bottle neck cartridges. I don't know what 10 is for can anyone list all 10 stations?
    Decap, resize, prime, expand/bell, powder drop, powder cop, bullet feeder, seat, crimp. Add in trim for rifle and you're at ten. And I didn't get to ream primer pockets (not sure anyone has figured out how to do that in a progressive stage yet tho).

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I'm always on the lookout for a beater 1050 just to process brass with. This may be just the ticket.

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    Decap, resize, prime, expand/bell, powder drop, powder cop, bullet feeder, seat, crimp. Add in trim for rifle and you're at ten. And I didn't get to ream primer pockets (not sure anyone has figured out how to do that in a progressive stage yet tho).

Wow I did not realize FA made dies for all these separately. Seems kind of a waste of money to buy all these dies. I haven't looked into FA much so not really sure how well respected it is in the industry. Lee and most other makers combine most of these steps into fewer dies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom