• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    I don't know how y'all can afford to shoot it so much with ammo prices the way they are.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The receiver design is so simple, I can make them on my mill all day long. Folks are welcome to come to my place and I can walk you through it. Even for a first-timer it’ll take you 2 hours tops. I can do one in 30 minutes now.

PM me and we can set up a time and I’ll tell you which end mill bits to get. You can use a 0% AR billet.

https://www.80percentarms.com/products/0-billet-ar-15-lower-receiver/

As you all probably know, the rest are off the shelf parts from a variety of manufacturers for a variety of different guns. It’s brilliant.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    As stated many times already, the hopper completely effs with my brain. I don't understand how it could possibly work.
    I understand it isn't a magazine, so it skirts the high capacity laws, but the feed system blows my mind. I need to see one operating in person to try to wrap my head around this.

Make sure when you download the videos from the dark web you only see the examples from the northern hemisphere. There are some from South Africa where it goes in the opposite direction , it’s confusing for sure . One video spliced them together and messed a lot of people up on the assembly for the 80%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Fml

Make sure when you download the videos from the dark web you only see the examples from the northern hemisphere. There are some from South Africa where it goes in the opposite direction , it’s confusing for sure . One video spliced them together and messed a lot of people up on the assembly for the 80%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damnit. Now you tell me. I could have had all that wasted time back. FML

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I just heard they are coming out with a 49.8 caliber BMG round in case the 50 cal. ban happens. It will use the carbon fiber barrels. No word on whether there will be a hopper feed for it. I have a pre-order in for one. I hope they don't ship USPS.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Cartridge

I just heard they are coming out with a 49.8 caliber BMG round in case the 50 cal. ban happens. It will use the carbon fiber barrels. No word on whether there will be a hopper feed for it. I have a pre-order in for one. I hope they don't ship USPS.

Can you neck out .22lr brass?

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    After our chat. My engineer buddy is looking into the rapid cooling ad going to see if he can find something with a good coefficient at normal temps. He thinks he has something that will cool the whole system down and get it to 99% accurate on follow up shots. He did a rig with some liquid CO2 he had and from a bench rest out 1000 yards he almost stuck 2 beowulf rounds through the same hole. He thinks the system does not need such extremes so he is going to test a few things. But he thinks to save weight we may need to go no hopper and try the collapsible mag. As for the hopper issue he is almost there for the non-cooled systems. He said the manufacturer uses a special flux diode but was able to work around now he is torture testing to see if his work around will hold up.

This is indeed most excellent news!

There's a group of us that give very little consideration to weight. The hopper is the thing, as the saying goes.

There's been some stirrings about attaching radar and self-driven pivoting tripod stand for a completely autonomous system - but requires the hopper to give any sort of reduced manual intervention.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I found a way to set up a Wyze camera system to be remotely tethered to the AS-0007. it's very cool. I just got to find a place to marry up both systems and get it dialed in for accuracy.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I found a way to set up a Wyze camera system to be remotely tethered to the AS-0007. it's very cool. I just got to find a place to marry up both systems and get it dialed in for accuracy.

The new firmware will allow you to put the AS007 on an auto-tracking turret. I've got mine up on the garage roof. It won't track something small like a rabbit or a squirrel, but anything bigger and it can unload the entire hopper and never miss something moving fast, even in the dark, all the way over in the neighbor's yard, even. Definitely get the new firmware.

Rambler

Doing the best with the worst.
    Oct 22, 2011
    Heard through the grapevine that they are working on a keyless chuck style chamber/barrel that will you to simply dial in caliber changes.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Heard through the grapevine that they are working on a keyless chuck style chamber/barrel that will you to simply dial in caliber changes.

IMO, the best thing to do is get the .50 cal barrel and you can just insert the barrel liner in whatever caliber you want.

50 BMG is just silly in such a concealable package....

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    if what I am hearing is true the day of multi barrels for multi calibers may be gone. It will add weight but they are talking about an aperturing barrel. Basically detent locking dial a caliber. The rumor is their will be 3 main barrels released with aperturing dial-a-caliber. .22 to .45, .45-.950, and the true HBAR .22-0.950. Even with all caliber barrel it still should only weigh as a much as fully loaded AR10 with bull barrel. While these barrels are convenient you lose some accuracy across the board. They say you will be on the edge of sub-moa accuracy at 1000 yards and around 1-2 moa out to 2000 yards. Their reasoning is the aperturing does cause some gas bleed off.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Guys, I just discovered 3 D printer plans that allows anyone to build a ghost gun version at home. I will disseminate through the usual channels. This is truly a breakthrough!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom