Cops shut down Cars and Coffee in hunt valley.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FoxSlayer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 8, 2020
    Cars and coffee is a outdoors car meet at hunt valley mall every Saturday. It’s outside. Obviously.

Stasi came and shut it down today.

Lol at you people who think they won’t confiscate your guns or load you into train cars.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Cars and coffee is a outdoors car meet at hunt valley mall every Saturday. It’s outside. Obviously.

Lol at you people who think they won’t confiscate your guns or load you into train cars.

Making it a stretch there.

How did they "shut it down"?

From the website, Hunt Valley Horsepower, it appears on 11/11 the property owner of the shopping center decided to shut down the unofficial gathering. At that point it is up to the police to enforce the legal rights of the property owner.

Perhaps the police pressured the property owner to shut it down, however that isn't what was reported on the website.

Hunt Valley Horsepower has been announced as canceled since mid-March on horsepowering.com with links set to here on the HVH Instagram Page, the HVH Facebook Fan Page, the HVH Facebook Group Page and the weekly HVH newsletter. On November 11, 2020, the Property Manager for Greenberg Gibbons Commercial, the management company for Hunt Valley Towne Centre, shared the following via email (shortened to bulletpoint format):

* Given the Governor’s order last night, we have decided not to permit HV Horsepower attendees to gather on Hunt Valley Towne Centre property.

* Given the surge in new cases in Maryland, we don’t want permit any activity that might endanger the health of our customers or businesses.

* We will have increased security and signs notifying them of the postponement. We will keep you informed of any changes to our policy.

Yup...they'll be taking guns and putting you on trians in no time I guess.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Both OP and respondent have not proved the police will/will not take guns with either argument.

You both fail.

I don't think I was trying to prove they would or wouldn't.

Just that the police ensuring the property rights of the owner is not tantamount to killing innocent folks and taking their personal property.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008

From the website, Hunt Valley Horsepower, it appears on 11/11 the property owner of the shopping center decided to shut down the unofficial gathering. At that point it is up to the police to enforce the legal rights of the property owner.

Perhaps the police pressured the property owner to shut it down, however that isn't what was reported on the website.

Hunt Valley Horsepower has been announced as canceled since mid-March on horsepowering.com with links set to here on the HVH Instagram Page, the HVH Facebook Fan Page, the HVH Facebook Group Page and the weekly HVH newsletter. On November 11, 2020, the Property Manager for Greenberg Gibbons Commercial, the management company for Hunt Valley Towne Centre, shared the following via email (shortened to bulletpoint format):

* Given the Governor’s order last night, we have decided not to permit HV Horsepower attendees to gather on Hunt Valley Towne Centre property.

* Given the surge in new cases in Maryland, we don’t want permit any activity that might endanger the health of our customers or businesses.

* We will have increased security and signs notifying them of the postponement. We will keep you informed of any changes to our policy.

Too many facts.

Please, next time:

More rumors.

Better dramatizations.

References to jack-boot-thuggery.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan

You’ve jumped in or started a bunch of threads where you’re trying to incite the group here against the police with fictitious or exaggerated info- curious what’s behind that? Are you really of the liberal persuasion trying to stir the pot?

FoxSlayer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 8, 2020
    You’ve jumped in or started a bunch of threads where you’re trying to incite the group here against the police with fictitious or exaggerated info- curious what’s behind that? Are you really of the liberal persuasion trying to stir the pot?

Lol thanks for the laugh.

I was going on what I was told by the participants.

And this hoax virus is just another way .gov is taking our liberty and treasure.

Sampson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 24, 2013
    White Marsh
    Police didn't do this on their own. The property owners called it off, but they had unofficially been allowing it over the past few months.

Will (HVH) who runs the C&C put out the announcement that it was cancelled and told people not to show up.

Last edited:

Vetted84

Nov 8, 2016
    The cancellation of the HV C&C by the mall owners was posted on multiple FB groups this past week.

Not surprising that folks still showed up. Also not surprising the property owners asked the police to clear the lot.

Nothing new. Can still remember 50 years ago when us car owners would hang out at various venues and end up being cleared out by the police.

Half a century later and I still have my guns.

FoxSlayer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 8, 2020
    Thel.

Do you have Stockholm syndrome?

Where are your modern MGs
    Where are your normal priced pre 86 MGs?
    Where are your light barrel ARs?
    Where are your bull pups with flash hiders and 16” barrels ?
    Where are your SCARs etc with FHs?
    Where are your imported semi autos?
    Where are the normal capacity mags for sale in MD?
    Where are your new pistols bought without your yellow star card?

It’s called incrementalism and people like you are a big part of the problem.

Oh and how bout those red flag laws and murdering people ? No due process plus murder.

Smfh

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland

Leaving the property ownership issue on the side for the moment, doesn't the 1A come into play. ...or the right of the people peaceably to assemble,...

There are not limitations or strictures on the 1A.

Yes I understand about private property rights.

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    Leaving the property ownership issue on the side for the moment, doesn't the 1A come into play. ...or the right of the people peaceably to assemble,...

Liability comes along with property ownership. Their lawyers likely got involved. Perfectly logical consequence. Find another venue and once accomplished, inform the mall of the decision. Consequences flow in both directions.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Insulting other members isn't permitted. Argue the facts, not the personalities. See you in a week.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    The cancellation of the HV C&C by the mall owners was posted on multiple FB groups this past week.

Not surprising that folks still showed up. Also not surprising the property owners asked the police to clear the lot.

Nothing new. Can still remember 50 years ago when us car owners would hang out at various venues and end up being cleared out by the police.

Did you get a free train ride though?

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member

I don't think you separate the two here

The cops are not shutting down 1A rights. They are telling people they can't gather on this private property

The car group can go somewhere else and have the show, as long as the property owner agrees

(And at least one day I found them at Don White's Dodge just south of Warren Rd on a Sunday. The dealership had even moved all the new cars to the back of the lot for them...but this may have been a different group)

If the cops showed up on their own and shut down the show then I'd be the first in line to argue this was an overstep. But they didn't. They told people to leave private property

I also know ..for a fact...that the top 2 guys in charge of the Cockeysville precinct for the Baltimore County Police (the ones who enforced this vacate order) are not on board with the county or state draconian lockdown orders and enforce certain things only as a matter of law, not as a matter of exerting control. Both are really good guys who care about making this area safer, not about being fascist pricks

Now is the mall being a lame douche? Yes! Yes they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom