• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boatme99

Ultimate Member
    Jun 22, 2010
    Mid-Tenn.
    Saw Fred2207's post about the Kite Loft leaving the IH. Is there anything left there that's worth a darn, or has it all gone to hell?
    I do remember a year or two ago a news story about hundreds of the towns finest young citizens rampaging around there. I saw it here in Tenn. Yet my daughter in Elkton years nothing about it. I guess there was a local news blackout on it.

I used to stop at either Harbor East or Anchorage marina for three or four weeks on my way south every year. Harbor East was nice because I could walk to Little Italy, Anchorage, I'd walk over to Canton.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Lived in Bmore city for over 3 years and went into the inner harbor maybe 5 times. It's not worth it. They need to demolish Harborplace and bring in something new.

Fells Point and Canton on the other hand are generally great places to spend a day or evening.

travistheone

Usual Suspect
    Dec 11, 2008
    cockeysville
    the best spots in the city are not over commercialized. great food and enjoyment to be had all around the city, just not in the "touristy" parts like the inner harbor.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I've been traveling up 95 to Mercy hospital the last couple of weeks and have been pleasantly surprised at how normal the trip has been. Yes, there have been panhandlers and squeegee 20 somethings. Yet otherwise an unremarkable journey.

gremlin42

Apr 16, 2020
    variable
    I worked on Pratt right on the harbor for a couple years. Depending on when you were last there you probably wouldn’t recognize Harbor East. It’s fancy and expensive now eith significant new development, and some of the big financial district businesses have been moving that way bc it’s safer than Harbor Place.

While I was working on Pratt, which was post Freddie Gray riots, it was getting steadily more dangerous at Harbor Place with increasing broad daylight attacks on clueless tourists. I can’t really speak to how it is now but sounds like it’s been accelerating downhill, especially at night. It’s all about the “L” - my wife did grad school at Hopkins for a year in mid East and there were so many broad daylight assaults that she had to shuttle the half mile from the parking garage to the school.

winch

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2011
    Towson
    I kind of miss fogo but it's not worth the risk.
    There's not too much else in the city that entices me to visit.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Harbor Place has had a 45 year run but it represents when White Supremacy ruled Baltimore politics and tried to make Baltimore a place where people could live, work and play. It should be torn down.

Last edited:

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I went to a conference there a year or 2 ago. I made a point of finding the coordinator and asking them what the hell were they thinking?!?!

They were telling people to walk down to the harbor and just wonder around like it was America..........

If they are sane they will never return to B'more.

jmike1487

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Harbor Place has had a 45 year run but it represents when White Supremacy ruled Baltimore politics and tried to make Baltimore a place where people could live, work and play. It should be torn down.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom